Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you wear during labour?

Default What did you wear during labour?

I've done a search but nothing came up.

I had an antenatal class yesterday and tour of the delivery suite, MW advised against wearing a hospital gown and to wear something familiar.

I guess being a first-timer, I'd like to have my top half at least covered up. The idea of being fully naked in front of strangers makes me feel uncomfortable, and yes, I do realise that you need to leave your dignity at the door when you are in labour!

So, what did you wear?

Hi, I wore an old T-Shirt of my DH in a dark colour. I have to find it again because I will need it soon. But yes once you are in labour believe me you won't care!!
    Sue

I went naked.. becaause I was in the water for most of it so I thought naked was the best option for that. I did wear my tshirt for a while, but then I took it off to go in the water. Midwife did get a gown for me but I found it annoying.

I was naked, not much fun in the bath with clothes on LOL. It's the only place I found comfort & I actually felt I looked my best when pregnant cause that big tummy was meant to be there, he,he.

Started off in normal clothes, then went to an old t-shirt, then went to nothing...I was in the bath and then the shower though. I was the same as you prior to labour the thought of being completely naked was horrid, but once i was into full on labour i didn't care anymore, i just wanted to be comfortable and it be over!

i wore an oversized nightie, then they canged me into a hospital gown when they put the epidural in, then when i was pushing i screamed at everyone to get the gown off me cause i was so hot and felt extremely restricted, they ended up cutting it off me.

Big comfy men's tshirt.
    It gives you plenty of coverage for the top half and is long enough to cover your butt when you're walking around but short enough that you can still give birth in it.

My Labour was just friday gone! HE HE HE (my first BB post since btw )
    And I ended up wearing my favourite tog top that is a rainbow string bikini top, i had a sarong tied around me when I got there but once I started "leaking" stuff they took that away for me and gave me a blanky to put over my belly.... Oh yeah better mention i was constricted to the bed as I had to be monitered due to have a VBAC...

good luck!

i had a t-shirt nighty.. but when i was being taken away for emergency c/section i put into the hossy gown!! then after i went back into my t-shirt nighty again!!

i have to agree with the girls you dont care what you have on at the time!!

I wore a big t-shirt nightie.

Naked here also! Was in and out of the shower and found it so much easier!! Had a towel around me at some stage - but mostly was in my birthday suit!!

I wore the hospital gown

I started off with just a t shirt, then I went into the shower so I was naked (and by then like you said you wont even care who sees you) then after the shower they just put me straight into the hospital gown and I gave birth in that.

DoubleK Guest

i never really worried about what i would e wearing - it just never crossed my mind!

i was induced, i went to the hosp. in trakkies, a singlet top and a big jumper (DP's, i lived in this jumper as i has a winter pg) i took the jumper off once labour had started, and just left the singlet on (bra was not put back on after i had a bath)

naked for me too and I knew everyone as I had my boys where I workd both times

I wasnt ashamed, I was proud, the pregnancy naked body is a beautiful thing

...its too annoying to have the additional sensation of clothes on the skin for many women, and also labor is hot work

you dont have to leave your dignity at the door

maybe get something special for the big day...comfy, covering and beautiful...lots of women I have cared for like to wear knickers and singlets or just get it all off

x

I wore a spunky strapless stretchy pink sparkly dress. With a short pink hoodie and matching legwarmers....

I havve troubled over this for weeks and weeks.
    Initially i bought a pair of XXXXL mens PJ's but when i bent over my bum showed so i returned them... I have no problem with the top half being uncovered the whole time, but the bottom half - even though it is business end i want/need it partially covered...
    Maybe this is because my sister is also going to be a BP as well as DH and i dont want her to feel uncomfy (she assures me she will not)
    ANYWAY - i have a crop top and bathers bottom for the bath, the shower i will be naked as i probably will go in and out - but for the rest of the time i have this cotton dress that i bought from Tree of life a while a go and it is sooooo comfy, it is not restrictive at all, light and flowing and most importantly i will be comfy in it.
    3 weeks to go, so i will tell you how it worked out

pmsl lulu at your outfit!!

I just wore what I was confiest in.

I rocked up to the hosi in tracki dacs a singlet and a jumper. gradually some layers came off and for the majority of the time I labored in a singlet which got scrunched up like a crop top due to monitoring and my undies. My Bra never came off until later, but in retrospect I owuld have taken it off earlier 'cause it was a real pain when trying to get it off at feeding time.

FYI, if it's chilly you might want socks. But don't get socks you want to keep buy a cheap but comfy pair that you have no probs with throwing in the bin later.

I did have white socks but I never intended to keep them, they were red by the end

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast