Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did you wear during labour?

The first time I wore a huge tshirt that hubby had in his cupboard for god knows what reason, he is tiny and wouldnt let me throw it out (hoarder) so I wore that so he would have to.

2nd time round I wore a bikini top, I was in the shower for most of it so I had that on to cover up a bit and it did up at the back and neck so i could take it off no matter what happened

I had grand plans of wearing a big tshirt which I packed specifically for that purpose... and spent almost the whole time in the nicky noo-nar DH threw a sarong over me when we went from our room to the bathroom (across the hall) and I was not at all bothered by the fact that people might see me naked. In the end I was in the shower and the bath a lot, and the only people in the room were M and the midwife/s (they changed shift) so it felt fine. Clothes just didn't seem to feel right, and you should know that normally I'm a fairly conservative dresser (no midriff tops for me - ever!)

You'll make up your mind at the time, I'm sure!

Just thought I would update...

I was induced in the end. I wore a singlet top and shorts. The pockets in the shorts were great as it held my TENS machine controls. Towards the end I was so hot and sweaty that my MW took all my clothes off me. I was pushing with a gown draped across me and I pushed it off just as Baxter's head was crowning in readiness for him to be placed on my chest.

Isn't funny when you get in that zone and you just don't care who sees you in that state?!

SG
    xo

I never thought I'd wear anything but I wore my undies most of the time as I had so much stuff coming out I was wearing pads. I only took them off when in the shower and for the last couple of hours when I was pushing. I got dressed in a loose t-shirt and trackpants to travel to the birth centre but took them off almost as soon as I got there.

I laboured at home in some Bonds yoga pants and one of hubbies tshirts. When I got to the hospital the MW did an internal and said I was ready to push so it seemed stupid to bother putting my knickers back on. I left the thsirt and bra on until after Oliver was born, then they came off for breastfeeding.
    Last edited by leebee81; June 4th, 2008 at 10:34 AM.

I wore a bra, some loose fitting short shorts and a top long enough to wear mostly as a dress.
    I was someone that did still care while in labour and I believe it is possible to preserve your "dignity" (as many people swear otherwise) while in labour.
    The shorts came off for the first internal but i had them on for another two hours or so until i got in the shower - when the top came as well. I kept my bra on because it was much more comfy.
    And then when out of the shower i was in the top again.
    After i gave birth the top came off for breastfeeding and i was all covered up in blankets everywhere else because i was freezing!

I got changed into one of my nighties almost as soon as I arrived (was recommended to by th mw), forget if I had knickers on, I dont think I did as I had several internals, and a monitor thing clipped to bub's head. THe nightie ended up hitched around my middle when I pushed in the end. Or was it off by then? I can't remember to be honest!
    One thing I should have packed more of in my bag were more nighties, bras and breast pads, as when my milk came in a couple of days later, I was still in hosp, and it came through bigtime! I took 10 pairs of granny knickers with me, and that was just enough too!

I wore a t-shirt dress, and my knickers for most part (I had pads on too for all the leakage). I put on my bikini while I was in the bath, and then got really cold in there, so back to the t-shirt dress and blankies. I ended up with emergency c/s so I got to wear that same bloody tshirt in theatre and was wearing til i was allowed to get changes the next morning!

And I agree on the extra nickers, my mum had to go out and get me some extra nickers and also some bigger singlets, I didnt anticipate how big the bbs would get once the milk came in.

Enchanted Guest

I wore a hospital gown the whole time... very attractive!! DH and I couldn't figure out how to get it on and he was getting so frustrated We ended up getting in on correctly and it was nice and comfy. As I was induced and had things taped all over my arm it was great as they could undo the arm ties and take it off when I attempted to get in the shower!

When I was at home I was in labour but didn't know it so I was just wearing my PJs. When I got to hosp I wore a hosp gown and had my bra on underneath.

i wore my swimmers cause i was in the shower for 5 hours.. after about 2 hours the bottoms came off and i just wore the top.

in the end i ended up in a hospital gown due to emergency c/s

You can wear clothes during labour?!?!?!?! lol

When I was in the labour ward I had my gear off quicker than whippet with a bum full of dyamite, even before the middie asked me what I wanted to do!!!

There was a line of discarded clothing all the way to the shower, where I did most of my labouring ... it even came with a pole, although whilst I was naked, the thought of pole dancing never crossed my mind more's the pity ...

well i had worn some bonds maternity trackies (sexy as!) with a t-shirt, but my waters decided to spring a leak while i was standing at reception (during visiting hours - delightful!). i decided to discard the other nightie i had brought as i was over it and it would have just gotten wet and uncomfortable and i didnt want DH to wash it all...so i went the hospy gown. that said, at one point during the labour i tore it off and spent the rest of the time totally naked. all i could think was 'get it off, get it off'.
    in the end it was really nice as bubba was then put straight on my chest and found her own way to breast and started feeding. awesome stuff.

Pretty much hospital gowns.

DD1 had trackies & tee on, had bath in swimmers & put 2 gowns on after 1 normal way & one back to front as I was up walking around.

DD2 was in the shower for a few hours - nothing. Put gown on back to front, but didn't worry about doing it up or anything.

DS tee & gown backwards again. I was in bed asleep when all 3 labours started though.

SugarDust Guest

For DS#1 I had a long sleve top on and for DS#2 I got so hot that I stripped down to nothing!

I smiled when i read your thread as I remember worrying about this as well, it turned out that this was the last thing on my mind at the time I started in some trackies and then the hospital gown, then I ended up naked and climbing the walls and couldn't care who saw me as I was in my own world.

i have always worn DFs bruce lee tshirt... i dunno why, just needed to! LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123