Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My boys.....warning - may be upsetting for some.

Spring - thanks for sharing your story with us - you write like we were there....just a sad story to tell but with a happy ending....XX

kirsty_lee Guest

Hey Girls, I have quick question, and I truly hope this does not in anyway seem incensitive cause that honestly isn't my intention, im just unsure of how to word it :S .... Unless I accidently read over it through the tears, but why was your baby boy not breathing? Why did that horrible thing happen. I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant and I guess I just want to know as much as possible before the big day. My partner however is upset with me for reading this story as he is worried now that it's going to make me panic, but still i'm just curious. Again I apologise if this is a horrible thing to ask.

Kirsty_Lee: Don't appologise, Stillbirth is such a taboo subject so I'm glad that you are brave enough to ask and learn more. You have no reason to panic, Your partner should not be upset at you, wanting to know more is perfectly normal.

So to answer your question.

There are many reasons why a child is stillborn such as genetic problems, problems with the placenta, cord accidents etc and a lot of a time there is no reason. In my circumstances my son had some problems that were diagnosed at my 19 week scan to do with his spine, but we can't be 100% sure that is why he passed. So I guess you could say we will never really know why.

That said, I don't want to take the innocence of pregnancy away from you. It is totally natural to be frightened and scared by reading my birth story, that is not what I intended though. Perhaps you could rather focus on the wonderful birth of my second son Oliver and the fact that he was born perfectly healthy.

So please please don't feel frightened, there are millions of babies born every year who are happy and healthy (Oliver being one of them).

Thank you for asking, now take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Oh and if you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Hope this helps
    Spring

mamma0f3 Guest

i got three paragraphs in and was crying to much to read anymore it hits to close to home to soon but thank you for sharing your story i know how hard it is im so sorry for your loss some people beleive in spirit babies they say the baby you lost will return to you on your next pregnancy so even though harrisons body died his soul lives on for you waiting to return to you

Thank you for sharing your story. You and your family are amazing

miss_das Guest

Spring,

Such a beautiful and terrible, a tragic and amazing birth story.
    I'm a bit lost for words, but your story is one I won't forget for a long time

FluffyLaRue Guest

Thank you so much for sharing your story. My heart breaks for the loss of your precious Harrison, and at the same time I'm so glad you have sweet little Oliver safely in your arms now.

Absolutely Beautiful Story...Your a brave woman Enjoy your baby!

Thank you for such a beautiful story.
    I was unsure whether to read it as I am awaiting the arrival of my now overdue first bub but I am so glad that I did. I recieved news that an old friend of mine had a stillborn baby during the year and I had been secretly terrified since. However, after reading your story I feel much reassured. Although you and your DH endured unimaginable pain with the death of your son Harrison, you gave me hope that things can not be terrible forever. You will always have that pain and memory but by your strength you also have the amazing love and future with your son Oliver, with the most perfect healing birth too. Your story has let me acknowlege that yes awful, terrible things can sometimes happen but also good things too. I am no longer scared because, although I know the chance to be tiny, if I was to suffer as you have I know that I would be able to go on, just as you have. There is always hope. I found your story to be horribly sad but full of hope and love and joy ...... just getting more tissues out now.
    Thank you

Spring, I have tears rolling down my cheeks.

Thankyou for sharing your story. It is quite a way to honour all of your boys.

Spring, thank you so much for sharing your story. You gave both of your boys the beautiful births they deserved, as you did too.

Spring that was a wonderful tribute to Harrison. I have a little Oliver too - I burst into tears as I read your conclusion. They are the sweetest honey.

I join those with tears running down their cheeks. What an amazing gift of writing you have, and a story with a beautiful conclusion to share. I'm so happy for you and your husband that Oliver is with you here and able to comfort you.

Spring Angel, your story made me hold my breath to the very end. Yes some tears spilled down my cheeks and I felt my gut twisting in sympathy for you and Harrison. It sounds as though he is much loved!

Your honesty and passion are incredible and I wish you and your family the best in the future. Oliver is beautiful, congratulations!

Spring,

You are truly an inspiration, an amazing, strong woman. You have written such beautiful birth stories for both your boys, i wish all the happiness in the world for you, your equally strong DH and your gorgeous baby boy, Oliver.

What an incredible story- thank you so much for sharing. I've never cried so much reading two such emotional birth stories. You have an amazing character and an obviously wonderful husband. Hugs to Oliver and my thoughts and love to little Harry and his twin.

wow. You're so brave. I have tears in my eyes. Congratulations on your baby boy... What did you name him?

Spring, thank you for sharing such a private part of your lives me us all.. i feel honored to have read it.

xox Anna

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast