Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suse's Birth Story - a little gruesome in parts, and long too

Wow, what a brave soul you are! Well done.

Thatnks for sharing such an amazing birth story!! You did an amazing job!! Congrats on a beautiful boy!!

What an emotionally well written experience, you had me absorbed.

Just glad to hear that you are all healthy!!!, got me worried halfway through though

Welcome to Motherhood

Wow, thank you everybody for such positive responses!

AliciaK - I hope that this hasn't put you off!! Truly though - I felt the same way reading other's experiences - good and bad - knowing that we are strong women and can get through anything really helps. Please don't think of my experience as a 'not so good' one though - it was amazingly good in its own weird way!

Lulu - I'm sorry to send you running screaming from the computer!! Thank you so much for your positive thoughts - I sure didn't feel like the ultimate definition of a mother at four am today when I fleetingly wondered if he would fit in the microwave (just kidding, honestly, no need to call protective services...) so this helped to bring it all back into perspective. It's really unfortunate that so many women feel like they have not succeeded in birth because they have been unable to give birth conventionally for whatever reason - the medical term "failure to progress' doesn't help! I'm lucky that I don't have feelings of disappointment and my heart goes out to those who do, it must be so hard.

Bindy - I'm not in Brisbane (beautiful city though), I'm in Cairns. Good luck with bringing Madeleine into the world - not long to go now! I wonder if she'll be a new year's baby?

Trish - I think the person who said that about the uterus realised that her choice of phrasing was a bit of a faux pas - because she apologised straight away and corrected herself. My first thought was that they'd had to perform a hysterectomy, but the casual way in which she said it made me wonder if I'd heard right. Maybe the reason they mentioned it was because I was already nauseous and about to vomit which they wanted to avoid so that movement of my stomach muscles it didn't joggle my insides (or outsides!!) all around. Or maybe they were just trying to explain some of the weirder sensations that accompanied it. It was all a little too surreal to be disturbing but I guess they didn't really know what my reaction would be. I had told them that I'd prefer to know what was happening throughout the surgery so I guess they might not have said anything otherwise.

Chon - sorry to get you worried - it was a bit of a cliffhanger mid way through though! I should have written it in episodes - could have been like a little BB soap!

Thanks Suse, what an amazing story. You are exceptionally strong to go through all you have, the physical and emotional pain that you've described. You should be very proud of yourself, your DP and your gorgeous bub. Congratulations

Wow Suse! Thank you for sharing your story with us all. I was in tears by the end and I think you are the MOST remarkable person to have undergone such an experience and only look for the positives and lessons from it. I hope you, DP and gorgeous Euan are all doing well and settling in to being a family.
    xx

Oh Dusty, thank you so much - I'm sorry to have you in tears. It means a lot to have you say such lovely words. We haven't bumped into each other much on BB yet but I always read your posts with great interest when I come across them and think that you too are quite a remarkable woman.

We are coming along wonderfully - there are many 'moments' of course, but I read back on my story only a day or two ago and realised that Euan is not the only one growing day by day.

Chalalan Guest

Suse, that's a gorgeous story, thankyou for sharing it.
    I like you would have been fascinated with watching all the gory details, I always have to look when things are being done to me! You got to see your son being born! That's awesome.

I really respect that while your birth experience had its downfalls, you have shown nothing but positivity in the telling of your story. Thanks for letting us know that unexpected events during labour need not be totally traumatic and there is a brightside, a beautiful healthy baby (even with a cone head!)

I love what you said about Euan having not much to rebel against when he's a teenager! Same with me & my DH - I guess I dont care what my baby turns out to be as long as he/she?? is happy. Green hair and all....

Holy cow Suse, I had no idea you'd both been through so much! Amazing that you handled it so well and see it in such a positive light. I seriously would not have coped with that uterus bit! But we all do the most amazing things for our babies, things we never thought we'd be capable of

Congratulations again!

Great story Suse! I have posted my birth story also, and despite it being a "vaginal" birth, there was nothing natural about it! You did so well and certainly have NOT let yourself down. Good on you mate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12