I am so happy to see this thread back up and running I too get annoyed with people that make excuses, if you are going to CHOOSE to use formula then at least own that choice. I am still feeding DD breastmilk and she is 8 months old next week. See how I didn't say BFing? She is just refusing to take my boob these days which is really really upsetting. I offer it all the time still but she doesn't want it, she barely wants milk anymore either and we are pretty much forcing the EBM into her. It's really important to me that DD is getting the breastmilk even if she refuses to take it the easiest way for me. Many of my friends think I am ridiculous and can't understand why I wouldn't choose formula. I feel like I am constantly defending my decision to feed DD and I am still hoping she returns to the breast, even though it's been quite a few weeks now.
I wish there was more education about BFing, I think it's quite difficult to get information if you don't know where you are looking for it and many women are uninformed and make choices that might be different if they had more knowledge.
Bookmarks