I was trying the other day to think of is there any other situation quite like breastfeeding - where it is so difficult to offer advice on - but on the opposite side no one has any issues with offering those who breastfeed "advice" about formula.
In the main I don't say alot in any discussions about BF vs FF, but if I do I try to get the information across by it being part of some information about my situation, or a close friend - often people listen to what others do and take that info on board, whereas as soon as it sounds like advice it rubs up the wrong way. E.g. My DH is an expert at hanging out the washing in the best way to get it dry - but if he says "why don't you do it like this" I tend to become defensive, whereas if he casually says "I have found out hanging out the trousers this way they dry much quicker" I think oh that is a good idea and do that next time.
Starangelk - Sounds like a very frustrating situation with your DD - hope she decides to go back on boob soon (my DD seemed like weaning a bit towards the beginning of my pregnancy - but now seems to enjoy her one feed more again now - wasn't such an issue for me as she is much older though) - I totally understand why you want to get to 12 months - I would have been exactly the same. (Until I just typed your name in I always thought your user name was "Strange - elk" - whoops sorry )
HotI - glad you enjoyed your ABA meeting - I got to go to my first one in ages on Friday, and another on Tuesday (no swimming as still school holidays) which is great as since going back to work I have not been able to get to hardly any. Now am pregnant and just feeding DD once a day is great chatting to other mums about their experiences with their seconds.
Bookmarks