Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding General Chatter #13

Teeth?

I've been meaning to post here, but never seem to be able to find the time.

I'm back here - I'm breastfeeding again!!! After DS self-weaning at 22 months, here I am 5 months later now feeding my new baby girl. I think everything is going okay, but of course there's always that constant worry about whether she's getting enough, etc. She's happy and settled and filling her nappies though, so all signs point to everything being well .
    The big thing for me this time round is that we are feeding without nipple shields. DS fed with nipple shields the entire 22 months, but so far I haven't needed them this time!

I'm sure I'll be back here from time to time with questions and concerns.

(Oh, and Mel that is so unfair about AF!!!!)

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by MadB View Post
    Teeth?
    could be the 2yr old molars trying to come through - haven't seen or felt them yet (we apparently like biting here anything and everything - mummy's pjs, nipples, other people, toys, sheets ..... and the list goes on but it's mainly when he's tired or just waking up in the morning after he comes in with us)

HotI- Congratulations!! I fed DD1 all through my pregnancy. My milk supply did go down a lot somewhere in the middle but I'm sure there was still something there and then I got colostrum. She did drop her feeds a lot but she was having A LOT before I got pregnant, like 10 a day or something at 14 months! So she went down to 2 feeds which was ok with me But I did make sure I tried to offer her those feeds anyway if she was distracted and not interested so that I didn't lose my milk completely. I found as long as she kept feeding regularly I made milk for her. Good luck!

Sterla- I was wondering about you and how it was going coz I know you used the shields with DS. Yay for it all going great so far!! So happy for you!!

Argh...one word VASOSPASM! Why now? Both my kids have good attachment...is it the cold weather?? It huuuuurrrrtttsss!

Welcome Sterla! And yay for no shields!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nerd Burger. View Post
    Got AF.

Completely ripped off I say!!! *stamps feet*
    I know ain't it! I got mine back at 6weeks and its been like clock work ever since!

Hi all!

Thought i may properly introduce myself I've popped in a couple times before, but not alot!

I've been feeding my DD for just over 3 months now! and things are going so well! After all the initial rockiness we've settled in nicely. Just have to say I feeding my little girl! I love the looks she gives and knowing that *I* am the one feeding her and making her grow!

Not sure what else to say?

Oh, im curious, how has everyone's feeding been since teething? Im beginning to think Ayva is starting to teeth from different symptoms and it's got me worried about whether it'll hurt once those teeth come through! :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nerd Burger. View Post
    Got AF.

Completely ripped off I say!!! *stamps feet*
    I got mine back too about 1.5 weeks ago! (around 12 weeks PP) I was somewhat relieved because my AF has never been regular, but annoyed at the same time! Now I KNOW I'm ovulating, not just praying I'm not

Welcome xxhopexx and congrats on feeding your little one!

I know the thought of teeth on your boob is scary, but having fed a toddler with ALL her teeth and then a newborn I can say you can't really tell the difference. Some kids do like to try and bite, especially when teething, but it shouldn't last long.

Keep enjoying those milky smiles...breastfeeding is so rewarding, despite the challenges.

Really not liking the tender pregnancy boobs! Feeds seem to take fooooorever but they aren't, it is just the discomfort. It seems the worst when I haven't fed for a while (like if she sleeps through and then wants a morning feed). When does it get better? I'm around 7 weeks.

Hi everyone!

I can't answer any questions cos I don't know the answers lol

I weighed Sahti on sunday - 100g gain in a week, hope that is good enough!!

She slept through last night too - woohoo!!! I was covered in milk this morning though lol

100g is awesome hun!

On the AF front - i used to (pre assisted conception) go 6 to 9 months with no AF, so i expected BF round the clock to keep her at bay - she came back at 6.5 months and has actually been semi regular. i suspect they have been anovulatory bleeds though. we're not avoiding the chance of getting pg and 18 months of semi-regular and no pg...

Finally had DD weighed today. She is now 4.27kg, so has gained 420g on her birth weight in 15 days! So happy to know my milk is there and making her grow! I hope we can keep it up!

Woot Sterla!!

Just quickly - DD3 is up 200g in 6 days - now weighs 4.9kg!!

And even more woot-ish - 8 weeks breastfeeding for us!!

WTG on 8 weeks! well done Mrs NB!

That is awesome Mel!!! I'm so proud of you my friend .

Well done Sterla and Mel!

I'm sure you guys are sick of me having my stupid little celebrations - but we passed 2 months yesterday!!

Sometimes she has been having both sides in one feeding session, most times if she does this its only a short feed on the second side so I put her back on that side first for the next feed. Hope thats right!

She has been sleeping through lately too - she had a feed at 7pm last night, I tried to do a dream feed at 11pm but she wasn't waking up for anything! Then woke up at 5am - felt like I was going to explode lol

Weigh in tomorrow!

Mrsnerdburger: yay for 2mths!! And yay for the sleeping thru!

Lately DD is feeding every 2hrs overnight and has been for a few weeks. Is this just a stage because it is rather exhausting. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to feed her that much but yeah very tiring!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast