Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding General Chatter #13

I like the idea of buying ABA memberships as gifts!! One of the girls at work is pregnant and I might seriously consider giving that to her.........I already give 1 cloth nappy which everyone thinks is hilarious. LOL

Thanks for your support everyone. I don't know if it's pregnancy related or just DD not feeding. Nothing a bit of perseverance can't fix hopefully.

J - you know best for your LO. I would just say "thanks for your advice" and then ignore it. LOL

I get the strange-elk thing a lot!!!!

maybe you should change it to strange elk... It's a pretty cool name

Ok no violence can do lol

Woo hoo 14 weeks 2moro

Hey ladies

Loving the bf talk in here - thought I'd join in. I had a great bf relationship with my DD, fed her til 16mths, when I was about 34wks pg. DS has been going pretty great so far.

Not so great with the heat though. We has a horrible night last night - did anyone else notice bubs snacking in the heat? DS just seemed to want to have a few sucks every hour or so.. Checked the trusty ABA website and realised that he's trying to get the watery fore milk for his thirst.

So instead of being frustrated that I'm squirting everywhere as he pulls off just after let down, and worrying that he's going hungry, I should be amazed at how well he knows what to do and how to get what he needs!!

I wish I'd read that before our crummy night last night...!!

Anyone else struggling with the heat??!

no problems with the heat here except for how wet jazzy gets while shes feeding from the sweat and shes feeding for longer not more often but we do have aircon so its not extremely hot i didnt think i would like BFing so much but its been 14 weeks and i love it except for the fact i cant party as hard as i used to but i dont mind i would rather spend time with my kiddies than wake up with a hangover

Hello, I am just joining in on this thread too. I have a 3 week old and we are still learning about breastfeeding.

It has been hot and humid here in Perth lately, and yep I have to put the aircon on when feeding otherwise we are both sweating like mad.

Does anyone know what to do when baby is curling the bottom lip under to the point that it is resting right up against the edge of the nipple? We did have it right and she had her lips flayed right open so that no nipple was being touched. But now she seems to have changed her attachment and my nipples are copping a beating again. I have been pulling her off and re attaching but we can do this ten times during a feed and she slips back again, which only leads to frustration for the both of us. Serves me right for using the dummy on her

Ah, it might be that she's a bit confused. If you keep persisting with getting her to attach right, she should get it right again. She's still so young those innate skills are still there.
    Does she slip back at letdown by any chance? sometimes it's a bit full on when they're little and they pull back.

despite the disgusting heat (it's been awful hasn't it Is? Thankfully bit cooler today at least) DD hasn't really been feeding much more. She's so odd compared to DS - will not feed when she's tired, won't feed to sleep (though ocasinally she'll doze a bit) and doesn't seem interested in feeding for comfort. What does she think boobs are for anyway?

thats how jazzy was like that when she was that young changed now though lol now she'll only feed to sleep still not for comfort so much but the dummy might have something to do with it even though she prefers her hands to the dummy lol

Our little precious is pinned to the boob in the heat. I love when she thirst feeds, she gets an adorable look on her face.
    We started a new position today - nappy off on a floor rug near the fan, then I lie down next her to feed.

Last week I copped some comments from my in-laws about feeding too much and too frequently. I just can't shake them, and my confidence has taken a hit.

MadB - my DD isn't a great feeder when tired either, but wrapping or football hold sometimes works. Any good for you?

Nah, she will not feed if tired. I'm getting better at remembering and actually putting her down. Still taking some getting used to is all. Though maybe by then she'll have changed anyway

pfft to your in-laws. Next time they take a mouthful of something just say the same thing back to them "Are you drinking again already? You just had a sip a few minutes ago"

Audax - you have come to the right place!! Don't let your IL's upset you, each time they make a comment like that, it's really a backhand compliment at what an awesome mum you are. You are BFing your DD - the very best thing you can do for her. They should be amazed by you not mock you. They should support you, not criticize you. They SHOULD do lots of things and if they aren't, then pfffft to them. Your DD is going to be SO much better off for the BFing. I put alot of things down to BFing - good sleep, good immune system etc etc etc. Seriously, please let us know if you need support - we are all totally here for you. You are doing an amazingly wonderful job.

Hellllllloooooo everyone, I have a boobie monster so thought I would join in the chatter...

This is my 4th child, I managed to BF DS1 until he was 9mths, we moved at this time so I think thats why I might have run out of milk...

DD1 I tried to feed, but it was such a struggle I kepted running out didnt ever get a let down so after 3 mths I had to give her formula but even this wasnt easy as she took two days of starving before she took to the bottle but once she did she drank 2 in a row so she was very hungry, unfortuly I was living in Darwin at the time so no one told me about the meds that can help your supply.. I was very upset that I could fed her felt like I had failed my child somehow

DD2 the same thing happened my milk never really came in so I did FF and BF until about 3 mths when I changed to straight FF, once again no one told me about the meds I could have taken to help me supply until it was too late and she was already on formula... This time I didnt take it as badly I guess because I had her on FF already, plus both girls were so tiny they really needed the formula to fatten them up...

Now I have PK am I seem to have plenty of milk... so much that he chokes on the milk half the time, one side has a lot more milk than the other which is a bit of a pain as if I feed him on the side with less 1st he fills up and wont take the other side so then it just gets bigger and bigger and sprays all over the place lol

must go PK wants his feed now I am talking about them.. Oh and I noticed PK feed heaps more with the heat...

Quote Originally Posted by OceanPrincess View Post
    Hey ladies

Loving the bf talk in here - thought I'd join in. I had a great bf relationship with my DD, fed her til 16mths, when I was about 34wks pg. DS has been going pretty great so far.

Not so great with the heat though. We has a horrible night last night - did anyone else notice bubs snacking in the heat? DS just seemed to want to have a few sucks every hour or so.. Checked the trusty ABA website and realised that he's trying to get the watery fore milk for his thirst.

So instead of being frustrated that I'm squirting everywhere as he pulls off just after let down, and worrying that he's going hungry, I should be amazed at how well he knows what to do and how to get what he needs!!

I wish I'd read that before our crummy night last night...!!

Anyone else struggling with the heat??!
    I'm gonna join now and say yes! DS is 1 and still wakes for a quick snack when it's warm. I should really give him water now but boobies are just so much easier than having to go thru showing him the drink bottle, resettling...

Yeah feeling the heat here too. DD is a really hot baby and she sweats when she's feeding, even though we have a muslin wrap over my arm that's holding her and our clothes between us. She's feeding more often which is crazy cause normally she is still feeding 4-5 times in the day and once or twice overnight. Her frequent feeding is getting a bit tiring and I think about how nice it would be to give up but I just can't do it yet.

the heat is making jazzy wake up more in the night im rally tired now lol she likes being warm but not that warm

Quote Originally Posted by Eluned View Post
    Yeah feeling the heat here too. DD is a really hot baby and she sweats when she's feeding, even though we have a muslin wrap over my arm that's holding her and our clothes between us. She's feeding more often which is crazy cause normally she is still feeding 4-5 times in the day and once or twice overnight. Her frequent feeding is getting a bit tiring and I think about how nice it would be to give up but I just can't do it yet.
    DS is a sweater too when he feeds... never thought of a muslin wrap on my arm. And I'm hearin ya with thinking about giving up... but then when they're feeding they're all cute and they sucker you in XD

Exactly helle! They look up at you with those big eyes and pause to give you a cheeky grin to melt your heart!

DD was 18 months old yesterday... where oh where does the time go! I have heard that said (and read it) so many times but it is not until I had DD that I realised that time does go so quickly!

We woke yesterday and had a lovely breastfeed before I went off to work and then many many more when I got home. I love our time together for feeds - though during the heat last week I was on the edge of my seat as the frequency was amped up so much (and DD is still a very frequent feeder at the best of times!).

My darling early bird... how much you have grown. I enjoy watching every single thing you do. Love you to much to try to explain xoxo

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast