Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding General Chatter #13

madb - no, she's squeezed into our room.

laranna - good to know you experienced the same! It is such an easy way to settle her back down, but I have to be so careful. If she has too much by night, she does refuse by day, and we fall into that pattern very quickly. I don't mind night feeds, but day refusal is awful, I feel like we can't leave the house.

Baby's appetite is back up, and we're properly demand feeding again, roughly 3 times in a 4 hour period, with a huge cluster feeding session around dinner. It's bliss after those weeks of refusal.

Mel - you sound really tuned in to your baby girl! I love (LOVE) that you even had a go - I know a couple of people who had a hard time BFing with their first two, so didn't even try with subsequent kids. I understand the choice, but I think it makes you that little bit more awesome for doing so well this time.

4 weeks tomorrow!! (therefore beating my time with Eden and that was with expressing and top ups!)

Does anyone know how many grams I should take off when weighing in a sposie, singlet and wondersuit? I weighed her yesterday at sterla's house and she was 4.3kg. I haven't had a chance to get out and about to a mchn to get her weighed so this is the only indication I have that i've got enough milk for her, cos I have been stressing!

So anyone have any ideas?

I think she's gaining fine by the look and feel of her

I'm so happy that breastfeeding is working so well for you this time! I think this is the start of a long and happy breastfeeding journey for you and Miss S!

I have a shocking comfort sucker too. If he's not swallowing and he looks mostly asleep, I get a crowbar and prise my nipple back. Wish he'd sleep through the night, but he still wakes up about 3-4 times (except for the growth spurt where he was waking up hourly all night - argh!)

Almost 10 months for this fellow, 14 for the last baby and 9 (formula during the day from 7 months) for the first so that's a fair fraction of my life I've spent breastfeeding now. This one is going to be much easier to get onto a sippy cup, #2 had absolutely no idea what to do with a cup but #3 has had a lifetime of finding half-empty sippy cups stashed in weird places around the house filled with all sorts of delicious liquids and knows exactly what to do with one

He's currently hiding under my chair while I'm having breakfast amd I'm slipping him spoonfuls of weetbix, so I'm typing to slurping smacking noises.

I'm not sure, but how's the output going? ABA might have a rough estimate of grams?

Weigh a sposie, singlet and wondersuit to find out

i aways weigh bub in the nudie to get consistency. (i was getting conflicting measurements early on when using different scales).

Quote Originally Posted by Barb Glare View Post
    Weigh a sposie, singlet and wondersuit to find out

God I'm an idiot lol

Quote Originally Posted by MadB View Post
    I'm not sure, but how's the output going? ABA might have a rough estimate of grams?
    Output seems to be good? Her prefolds are pretty wet when changing them and she poos every change too. Although the poo is an orange color? Like, pumpkin coloured? Been like it since the early days and we put it down to me having extra iron supplements after birth but now I'm beginning to wonder..,

Welcome to the world of breastfeeding! Breastfed baby poop is orange.

Formula fed baby poop is not

A, I completely understand why your confidence is shaky, but your little one is doing fabulously and she's getting plenty of milk. No lie.
    Poo can vary in colour alot from orangey mustard, to brown or green.

What colour is it for ff babies?

Wow I didn't know it was different for FF babies either?! What colour is it?

Mel, it sounds like you're doing perfect

Lol!!! Well my 3 have all had quite green ff poos. Greeny brown anyway, think that's why I'm a bit freaked out with the orange lol!!

Thanks for the reassurance that everything is going well, it's so hard to have faith in myself after so many negatives! Plus it doesn't help that I'm not a confident person to begin with!

pumpkin soup? Well, you won't ever look at pumpkin soup the same again - but completely normal

Hi All!

Sorry in advance if this is all over the place, I'm just rather confused and after some advice!! :/

My 10.5 week old DD hasnt pooed in around 3-4 days, while I know it can be normal with fully BF babies, at what age? I'm just worried she's not getting enough? She is weeing still, has around 4 heavyish wet nappies each day, and is farting still and they're usually smelly too if that helps?

She has also in the past couple days become very unsettled (night before last she was waking every 2hrs or so! - this coming from a baby that usually sleeps a 6-7hr stretch at a time, then another 3-4hr one afterward! And has done since about 3-4 weeks old!) but last night after a long feed (using a shield again ) she slept like her usual self
    But she just will NOT sleep during the day! Maybe 15-20mins at best each nap and I'm lucky if that's 2 times a day! :/

Not Only that, she's very whingy, she really doesnt want to be with anyone but me (which isn't so nice after constantly waking to her the other night!)

And she also isn't feeding as usual! She usually feeds fairly quickly anyway, (as in, around 10minutes and she's done) but now she's barely feeding 5, and will only be maybe 2-3 minutes each side! She will constantly pull herself off and cry, and it doesn't change after burps either! if I use the shield it seems to help, but won't go for all that much longer really

I'm not sure if PERHAPS maybe she's teething? Or having a growth spurt? I know in the last 2 weeks she's grown 3cm, and is now back to the 50th percentile, but her weight is between the 25th and 50th.. She's also been drooling alot lately too... And will sometimes just have a screaming fit! We used to think it's reflux but now were not sure as she no longer seems to be showing the symptoms but still cries? Another reason as to why I think maybe shes not getting enough

Gah sorry if this is all over the place, just so confusing! I think my parenting book got lost in the mail! :/

Have you heard of wonder weeks? If not google it because everything you describe are classic symptoms of devopmental changes. As for the feed a bit- then pull off and cry..it sounds like comfort sucking to help calm herself, but the milk is too much (both mine do/did this)...just keep offering. It's unlikely you have supply issues if weight gain etc is good.

Also my dd was shocking when she had to poo.

wowee arcadia, i just googled it, and it sounds EXACTLY like my DD! shes not sick at all, and thats why we are so confused because even her reflux signs really arent there anymore?

now to try and find someone that has this book so i can either borrow it or buy it

is ther a week around 6 months coz if there is its here and i think shes finally getting over it the pinching is not nice though any ideas how to stop her

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast