Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Breast Pads

Oooh, one of mine doesn't stick to right to the edges.....I actually haven't worn mine for a week...
    I find I get crazy sweaty under them; when I take one off to BF there's literally drops of sweat all over my boob where the lilypadz has been. Do you think this would affect milk production? If I'm sweating, well, isn't that drawing moisture/whatever from that area and wouldn't that be my milk ducts/glands?

I sweat too under them, thats the other reason I thought nah stuff it, getting a refund. I don't think it would effect milk production but I think it would effect the effictiveness of the lily pad. I mean if its moist underneith it all the time, how would it keep its sticky. Also I don't think the nipple/areola being moist al the time is a good thing.
    How long have you had them? I have the number for the Australia supplier if you like, although they told me to go through th epople I bought them from to arrange a refund/exchange.

Ah, I got them off an American ebay store....so I'm guessing no refund.
    That's ok though, I've never loved bras so will be wearing them once Caty's weaned...
    Hm, as for the sweating, the ads say:

Although LilyPadz should not cause you to perspire, should you work up a sweat you will perspire under your LilyPadz as well. The build up of sweat can dislodge your LilyPadz so we recommend that they be worn with support in these situations. And any moisture under your LilyPadz should be dabbed up as soon as possible to maintain good tissue health.

Hm, there you go. Oh well.

I also Emailed the lilypadz mob from america about it, they said If I ssent them back to them directly they would send me out a replacement. They said that them not sticking at the edges isn't normal.

Default Breast Pads

What are the best breast pads to buy ?
    I saw some at the shops the other day and i think they was Johnsons one box cost $7.99.

I think it's a matter of what you personally like more, washable or disposable, and also you'll need to take into consideration how much you're leaking, as you can get slim ones and also heavier ones if you leak a lot. I suggest trying out various ones once bub is born, and see which one you prefer. Another thing is you may not leak at all, I haven't.

As far as the disposable breastpads go, I like the pigeon ones too. I didn't find them bulky like some of the others and they were able to hold a lot.

Yeah I like the pigeon ones when I am out & about... at home I use face washers.

I like the right aid ones. You can get them in Big in boxs of 60 for about $7.50
    I haven't used pigeon, but I think I did have a sample in the bounty bag & I honestly couldn't see the difference. Well worth trying the Rightaid ones imo.

I've never heard of 'Right Aid' FJ. Are they are chemist or supermarket one?

I use Rite Aid which you can buy in Coles. I leak alot and found these hold it well.

Love

Yeah my sister likes the coles "no frills" ones too. I tried Bilo ones but found them to scratchy. Rite aid are the best I think.
    They are a bigger pack in BIG W then coles & woolies too.

Fee Guest

I love Johnson's Ultra Form. Nice and soft. I use a box a week.

I don't like Pigeon. They were itchy and I hated how they were folded in half which causes a crease that can be seen through clothing. Also I think they were too large in diameter for me.

I've heard that Rite Aid are good. I might have to give them a go.

I really like the Rite Aid ones too... the Coles brand ones were so scratchy I took them back. If you are happy to spend a little more, both the Pigeon and Avent ones are lovely and hold lots.

As for the re-usable ones, I've got both the Avent and Tommee Tippee ones. The Avent ones are great, but the other ones are quite stiff.

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle - I'm going to be trying out some hemp/reusable breast pads next time round. I did have some Avent ones last time and liked them. I didn't really like the disposable ones... tho the pigeon ones were the better out of them imo.
    There are heaps of cloth ones to choose from and I reckon they'd be a better investment both financially and environmentally
    Check out theweewuns (dot com dot au) then go to "Women's Business". They have some cloth breast pads available. I'd say a lot of the cloth nappy sites also have cloth breast pads available too.
    Ooo just having a look they sound really nice... organic velour, hemp, wool, organic cotton knit and cotton flanalette... all sound like they'd be nice up against your skin!
    Oh and hemp has antibacterial properties and performs better with age... the more it's used, the more absorbant it becomes
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; January 1st, 2007 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks everyone for you replies. I'll have to take a walk around the shops again to see which ones look the best. I keep forgetting i only have two weeks to get myself sorted out.

I used coles brand disposable ones for the first month or so (I leaked pretty heavily so had to change at every feed (or before). Once things settled down a bit I got some avent washable ones which were more comfortable, but they didn't hold as much so occasionally I leaked through them.

When my milk first came in, i used the Johnsons ones, now i only use them when i go out, i use cloth ones at home, they are heaps more comfortable

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast