Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Breast Pads

Soul, I leak sometimes in the morning with the first feed... like this morning..lol. I just hold a cloth nappy over my boob for a few mins. As for breast pads, I use the rite aid ones and yes I use them when I'm out just in case cos I'd be horrified to have wet patches on my boobs!! I don't use them at home at all anymore and in fact have actually stopped wearing a bra at home in the past 2 weeks cos I had a very bad blocked milk duct. This is also when I stopped using breast pads unless I was going out.

oh lmao so true I should wear them out incase too it would be my luck to end up with two perfectly round wet spot on my front!How is everything going anyways? I updated my pic so you could see what phoenix looks like!

Soul I only ever used breast pads to protect my bras from the Lasinoh cream I used in the early weeks. I have never leaked and rarely felt any let down. I managed to BF til 9 months when I got pg again. I really don't think that not leaking is a problem at all - your body is just efficient

oh they get fixed before they go off to be printed as my father inlaw is a photographer retired though! He showed me how to get rid of it on the camera but once camera is turned off iut comes back! Not bothering me though as long as they dont come printed out like that!

Oh and we do have a bran new camera, I just havent learnt how to use in perfection yet.

By the way, just beetwen you and me, I cant actually get rid of the red eyes because we are all the spawn of satan! You should see it when we all set our hair alight! lmao

I still need to wear them because I have the occasional leak from the spare boob or if Imran is crying at the shops I might get a let-down. I think I'm a bit of a freak - most women aren't leaky after BF for over a year...

Question Washable Breast Pads?!?

I've been thinking about buying some of these for a while now. It makes me feel terrible when I think of all those little plastic bags (that cover the disposable ones) going into land fill. AND... what a waste of money, to buy something, use it once and then throw it away!

How many pairs do you think I'd need? I do washing every other day, without fail.

Thanks for your help.

Celsie. xoxox

p.s. What types does everyone use and why?

Celsie, I have some...hmm, I think they're avent? Or pigeon, do they do cloth? Anyway, those and some hemp and bamboo ones too. They're great, but I hated the look of these big round circles in my bra.

So, I compromised, cloth for home where I didn't care about the discs, and they're pretty darn comfy, but for when I'm out I used the disposable ones.

Actually, if you were going to be wearing a couple of layers, like a jumper, you could do cloth while out, I'm talking big circles that happened with a bra and tshirt really.

I've been thinking about getting washable breast pads too, but was wondering - how do you find they are with staying where they belong? I always seem to have trouble keeping the disposable pads, which stick to my bra, in the right place. (or maybe it's not the pad that's the trouble, so much as the boob! I'm pretty full busted, and I think that is what causes the problem.) Anyways, has that been an issue for you, or not? And do they leak? I find that especially at the beginning of nursing, I have TONS of milk, and there is quite a flood on the side that the baby's not on when the milk let's down.

I have 18 Avent ones (with lace detail) and 6 Emma Jane ones (plain and thinner) - the Emma Janes go better under a little lacy feeding bra, the Avent ones for everyday bras. I tend to wash them once a week; I wash 7 pairs at a time (usually can keep the same ones day and night). In the early days I was changing 3-4 times a day and washing every other day, 18 was fine for that.

I find that they don't really leak too badly (so long as I change after I've gotten them wet) and don't move around too much - but they don't stay on the nipple, they move upwards as I fill up so after an hour I have to push them down again.

I used Avent though all 3 of my babies. Loved them. I I have reviewed them here:

Washable Breast Pads

I just chucked each paiir in the wash at the end of the day, in with the whites (so they usually got a dose of napisan).

They seemed to stay postitioned really well......I wore Triumph nursing bras (fairly sturdy & boring) and they kept them in place.

Thank you girls for all your replies. I didn't realise that the washable ones looked bad through clothes. But, in the interests of saving money and the environment I will buy some.

Where do you buy the Avent breast pads from?

Celsie. xoxox

Default cloth breast pads

Just wondering if anybody is using cloth breast pads other than the Avent ones ie the ones made from the hemp material etc. I really don't want to use disposable ones, but the cotton ones didn't absorb all the leaking milk with Maria.

i never needed breast pads but use MCN with sophie with hemp and bamboo and these materials are much more absorbant than cotton

do you know where I can get the breastpads made of those materials?

I used a pair on either side!! But found they didn't stop your shirt and bra from getting soaked. They were good to have as an emergency ittybittytittypad.

*bump*

Anyone have anything else to add? Can anyone recommend a good cloth brand? I didn't need them last time, so I'm clueless!

Default Breast pads

My let down has settled a lot but I still need to wear breastpads every day. I'm going through a bucket load of breastpads! And I've found that the only really good ones are johnson's so I'm spending a lot of money on them.

I tried the avent cloth breastpads with no luck. I just leaked milk out from underneath them leaving a damp spot in a different place on my shirt, and the made my breasts look funny. I've found some Happy Hieny ones online, anyone ever trie them? Are they any good?

Hi Gabi. I actually ended up sticking with Woolies plain label brand ones, like you I went through heaps and didn't want to pay a fortune! They were pretty good, especially for the price.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast