I was at a Church event (a relative is a priest and it was a celebration for him) and people were mainly having afternoon tea towards the back of the church but were also spread throughout the church. My DD wanted a feed and so i went up to one of the pews close to the front of the church where it was quieter and was breastfeeding. Rarely do you get to see breast when i feed, but i was even more conscious of making sure i was covered. I saw an older woman (in her 70s at least) walking towards me at the front, and i was starting to stress thinking i was going to be told that i was doing something inappropriate or directed elsewhere. I remember my heart starting to beat faster. When she reached us, she said "too right, everybody else is eating, babies need to eat too. oh, she is beautiful". I got such a glow from this comment, it was lovely.
At my grandparents house, i take my DD to another room to feed (comfier anyway), but usually find that they will follow us in and start to chat whilst i feed.
Bookmarks