Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you had to deal with negatives comments/attitudes about BFing?

I have this great thing where I've always said I'd breastfeed until they get teeth. People seem to have teeth as a reason you should stop.

And mine have conveniently sprouted teeth about 10 minutes after they are weaned - 9 and 14 months for the first two, we'll see what happens with Lump here. I hope to do the same again with him as with DD#2 (I went back to work with DD#1 as well as being very underweight so I weaned her onto formula), which was going gradually from boob to solids/sippy cup without needing to mess with breast pumps or bottles of any kind. Definitely the best way to go - did I mention I was lazy?

The weight loss is the worst thing about breastfeeding though. You wouldn't believe how much I need to eat just to keep my weight loss at 1kg a month - there's no way in hell I want to lose 27kg in 6 months again.

It took me a LONG time to feel confident enough to BF DS in public, as in not in a parent room or hidden away in our car. But I have never had a negative comment, and I never noticed any looks as I always kept my eyes on DS to make sure he wasn't playing around lol.

i totally let out a vibe to not mess with me lol! i get alot of looks whenever i have BF my kids in really public places (like too cool for school cafes etc). but i can stare down the best of them lol!

the only comments that really got to me were the ones about when i would stop. it seemed that the moment DD1 hit that 9 month mark there was a switch that meant that she couldnt have breastmilk anymore. very weird.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123