Isn't it milkmaid's choice who she breastfeeds and how much? I'm pretty sure none of the women in here would be saying these things if she was choosing to wean and utilise formula instead, even if it was just because she wanted to. Why is she being judged at all, when in any other section of the forum it's a crime to judge another person?

And since when is it appropriate to publicly call a member a troll based on a single thread?!

Milkmaid, I'm sorry you feel you need to leave BB over this. This is not the 'standard' response I've found on BB, I hope that it doesn't turn you off forever


I have been reading this and meaning to comment for a while but have not got around to it.
Milkmaid, I am so sorry that some have made you feel uncomfortable. Not everyone on BB is like this.

Why is it that Milkmaid is being questioned over her want to wean her child and keep her milk supply going? How is this any different to those who continue to express and donate their milk after they have weaned their child? Obviously time restraints, life and things in general have a lot to do with why mothers wean their children, not just because they are over breastfeeding. Milkmaid's child is 14 months old, not 4 months. I would be so proud to make it to 14 months breastfeeding my baby. I am sure if she came in here saying that she wished to keep her milk supply so she could donate her milk (which she is kinda doing) she would have been praised and encouraged. Who are any of you to judge this persons decisions and choices?

Where are the open minds and love that Bellybelly once had?