Thanks girls! I got tingles reading all that...thinking about bf again!!!!
Mishca - DS#1....day 3.... and he was STARVING! I fed every 3-4 hrs from memory for as long as possible and on the morning of day 3 they (with my permission) gave him a FF and then my milk arrived BIG TIME that arvo.
DS#2...slowly and gradually, I did not really notice it was in....over about 1 week. NJ was born at 4080g and went home weighing 4040g!My milk was fully in...dripping everywhere a day or two after being at home..maybe being in my own environment helped???? One night I feed him for 90 minutes...you read it....on one side...I asked the midwife if I should pull him off and put him on the otherside and she told me to leave him as he was sucking in bursts, not really asleep and it would help bring my milk in! So hard to stay awake with boring crap on telly at night! lol
Mantaray - as soon as I read the part about the placenta - kaching - I knew I knew the answer! Doh!! Bit dopey here sometimes.
Jen13 - I will be in recovery (going on the last 2) for about an hour....an yes....toooo cold too feed in there! DH is rally good and has always given me our boys when I get back to our room and helped me feed them straight away.
Massive thanks to everyone else who replied!
xxxx






Reply With Quote
Bookmarks