I picked conflicting advice.
It seems everyone thinks they have the right to tell a new mum what she should be doing. In my experience Brianna was FF pretty much from day one, I tried to BF but due to an operation (breast reduction) a couple of years earlier my milk ducts had been damaged so I couldn't supply any milk to my DD. (although the milk did come in there was no way out).
Brianna was a natural, she attatched & sucked quite quickly but I knew something wasn't right, the midwives kept giving her formula "top ups" & hadn't taken the time to help me see if any milk was coming out... being a first timer I didnt know how to check etc.
I will be trying to BF again with my next baby as this is what I want to do but if I cant again then so be it, (this time I will definatley be asking more questions & making the midwives do the job their there to do...help the new mums) DD is a very happy & healthy 2 year old & thats all that matters to me...