My seven month old still feeds at least twice between 11pm and 6am, often more than that. I am not sure whether it's hunger or comfort, but when he nurses he chows down a full meal. I don't feed to sleep, I always put him down awake...
My daughter stopped overnight feeds of her own accord at 10 weeks old.
My son only recently stopped them just after his second birthday when he finally began to sleep through all night. I didn't change anything, he just stopped waking up.
Look out in the morning though, the second his feet hit the floor he is straight into my bed to catch up
DS stopped at 12 weeks when he slept through, but took them up again at 6 months through to about 12 months. But then it was only once and he went straight back to sleep again. TBH I really loved that time of the night when it was just the two of us snuggled up together.
My DD 'stopped' bfing overnight quite young, less than 6 mths. She then started again at about 14-16 mths and didn't 'stop' for a few months. In the end, as she was doing it out of habit and hadn't done it for so long (which was playing havoc with my sleep since I had to work some days!), I introduced a cup of water instead and if that distracted her, she wouldn't have a bf. Once she was taking that the majority of the time I got a bit firmer and wouldn't let her, but she was well and truly approaching 2 by this stage.
I think DS was about 9 months when got rid of the night feeds. I did it by progressively pushing back the time I would give him a night feed (eg. I wouldn't give him a feed before 2am, then a week later I wouldn't give him a feed before 3am, then a week later I wouldn't give him a feed before 4am, etc). I got DH to resettle him with a bottle of water & cuddles, no boob.
Bookmarks