Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it possible to return to BF

Well done!

Hi, Morgan,

Great job! Many women who find that they have had to supplement their baby with formula find that, after 6mnths they can replace formula with food, and continue their breastfeeds. After 6mnths babies are usually able to eat a wide range of foods pretty quickly. I wonder if that was something you had considered?

Regards
    Barb

Good on you Morgan and good luck for your continued success!

morgan78 Guest

Barb Glare Hi, Morgan,

Great job! Many women who find that they have had to supplement their baby with formula find that, after 6mnths they can replace formula with food, and continue their breastfeeds. After 6mnths babies are usually able to eat a wide range of foods pretty quickly. I wonder if that was something you had considered?
    Thank you Barb, i am hoping to replace formula with food. We tried solids for a week but she was not interested and it dont think she is quite ready and it seemed to really upset her tummy through the night. It is definately something i will be trying to do when the time come though.

Morgan, a big Woohoo to you. It i so great to hear success stories like yours. You go girl!
    You should post in the Breastfeeding Success Stories thread.
    Sasa

morgan78 Guest

Thank you Sasa
    Actually i was one of the first to post in there but thought i'd wait until 12 months to add more, thank you for the suggestion though it would be nice if more BB people posted there to encourage us ones who struggle.

Morgan, to add on to what Barb said, eventually when you introduce cheese and yoghurt, they actually get heaps more calcium from these dairy foods than milk. That way your breast milk should be fine without need FF.

Good luck, you have done such a great job

morgan78 Guest

Thank you Dragonbub and i hadnt even thought about the youghurt & cheese. Here's to solids starting soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123