Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #5

I was told no driving or heavy housework for 6 weeks. I started driving just before 3 weeks - but I lasted out the housework one as long as possible except washing - I would carry out the washing in 2 small baskets instead of one big one, but my Mum came & did all my floors for me \/

I waited the entire 6 weeks to drive! LOL our insurance refused to cover me & we decided that it probably was a good thing too.

I think I waited more than 6 weeks, only because I was too terrified to drive!

Nic

lindie Guest

Hi girls,

Just thought I would share this with you all, My hubby and I were being asked questions by family member about the birth and my Hubby now just tells people that his son is making his way out via A) the emergency hatch B) the alternative entrance to the world or C) Hes a new age baby and hes making his own exit.

What can I say MEN they have there own world.

Have a nice day Girls

Lindie

LOL Lindie - that's cute!!!

Hi - I call it taking the short cut, sometimes.

All puns intended !

Barb.

LOL Lindie

I usually advie no driving for 2 weeks and no housework for 6 weeks.

Also most places do not put a drain in.

I leave the baby with mum as soon as she is back on the ward and I try to encourage/help her to breastfeed as soon as possable.
    If mum is very sleepy I offer to look after her baby for a few hours so she can get some rest, but the decision is hers to make.

Lindie, my friend from work tells people his baby came out via the sun roof!

ROFL Barley!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Love all the names everyone is calling it!Sunroof!!hehehe and emergency hatch, was kaking myself laughing as I never even thought of these to tell people when they asked me how the birth went!

lindie Guest

The sunroof!!!! LMAO - Hubby thinks that one is tops!!! Good one Barley.

It seems that if you tell someone something funny like that it distracts them from the actual event, Maybe less negitivity that way?

Lindie

Kirsty77 Guest

Yeh I know what you mean Lindie.I wish I knew these before I told people that I had a c/s as it would have made them laugh instead of frown and say oh you had the easy option then!ARhhh!

Corey only managed to get one week off and even then he had to keep going into work to check on things as there is noone else to do his job.We stocked up the freezer with those micorwave meals, they were a god send!Otherwise I probably would have not have eaten at all when he wasn't there!

Melinda Guest

I was lucky in that DH had a month off work. It was a real help!!!

I quite often refer to the c/s as "the pouch" LOL like a reference to how Kangaroos carry their Joey's LOLOL.

DH said to me after i had Alexander that they should just put a zip in so it easier to get the baby out next time.

Do you mean watching as in being awake or actually watching? I didnt think they let you watch?

I definately could not watch the next one. I didn't like the fact that Dh watched the first (neither did the theatre staff, but they could not stop him).

OMG - I'm going to ask about that next time!! I'd love to watch!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast