Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #6

Helen,

I wear glasses to and kept mine on in theatre. I didnt want them showing me my baby and i couldn't see him! do u have contacts? maybe just take them with u to hospital & ask when u get there for just incase cause all my other jewllery had to be taken off.

It must vary from place to place because my jewellry wasn't taken off. So yeah I'd just ask....

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

they didn't let me wear my glasses but did my hearing aid - go figure ... so when I first saw the boys they were all fuzzy

oh I hope so. I'll even wear them wrapped in plastic if I have too. Trish you poor thing, fuzzy babies. I'll update next week. Argh I will have my baby this thursday, starting to get the jitters. Maybe the post will be later who knows. If I dont chat again before I have bubs, thank-you so much for all your help regarding having a c/s.

Love

Thinking of you this week Helen. Hope it all goes very smoothly and I look forward to hearing about your new arrival.

Mel

Thanks ladies, I rang the aneisthetist today and they said that I could wear my glasses. Yah.

Love

That's great Helen! Not long now!!

Goodluck Helen! YAY for being able to wear your glasses!
    Will be thinking of you..

Nic

Great news Helen Not long to go now......

Woo hoo Helen Best wishes hun - can't wait to hear the exciting news

oh excellent! glad u can wear your glasses!
    Good luck for Thursday, i look forward to hearing the news and how everything went!

Hey Tiff, is it absolutely essential to have an IV line for a c/s?? I would desperately love to get out of having one next time....

My IV was left in until about an hour before I went home, the synto was gone but they were giving me anitbiotics due to ONE high temp caused by the stupid heating in the hospital. So I had it in from 1pm Saturday until about 10am Wednesday. I have a total phobia of them so was hoping I could get away without it

I didn't have anyhting except the syntocinin.

tiggy Guest

Sarah,
    It depends on hospital policy, of course but most ladies who have a caesar have a drip too. We usually run fluids through to keep you hydrated and to keep your BP stable, also for synto and any meds like nausea meds etc.
    You can insist however that it is taken out straight away. Did you have a general last time and have you thought about what you will have this time? Spinal? Epidural? Depending on what you have there also has alot to do with the kind of pain relief that you have. For example, if you have a spinal they can sometimes put intrathecal morphine through it thus excluding the need for a PCA Which is also put through a drip.

hth

Thanks Tiff. I had an epidural put in at 1pm on the Saturday, the same time as they did ARM and put the synto drip in (I had already been in fullon labour at the hospital for 12hrs by then). I'm not sure what I'll do for the next time to tell the truth, but it won't be a general. What's the difference between a spinal & an epidural?

Oh & when you say have it taken out straight away, how straight away do you mean? In recovery or should it be in longer?
    For you as a midwife, would you recommend having the drip in?

Sorry I know that sounds bad, but I will be researching properly once I finally fall pregnant again.

(btw, just split my posts & responses out and put them in c/s chatter rather than clogging up Ally's other thread).

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - ick @ having the IV in for so long! I hated that bloody thing. Neil reckons he was more worried about my screech of pain from the IV than anything else - including contractions AND the actual caesar. Thankfully it got taken out the next day. Between than and the catheter, I was totally over it, LOL.

Sarah - I seem to remember them telling me that the srip couldn't come out until I had passed wind? (Did they keep asking you that? They would come in even when I had visitors & ask me!!!)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast