Interesting q about the dates CS are done. Mine's book for 39wks exactly, but since they already fiddled my dates (due to U/S) by my calculations it will be more like 38.5. I raised this with the OB but I got scared when they talked about possibly going into labour and having to wait for surgery space to become available, so am sticking with the date they have given me.

Tiff, I understand on the day of the procedure, you will meet with the ob who coordinates the CS list for the day, as well as seeing the anaesthetist (or one of their assistants?) briefly just prior. This is your opportunity to ask any last minute q's you might have. Take all the time you need at earlier OB appts to ask about what happens, etc, I have done this a couple of times and come away feeling quite reassured.

Re the types of stitches, at my hospy it depends entirely on who the OB who attends is, as they all have their preferred methods. I would imagine if one was a stand-out as the "best" across a variety of situations then it would be used more commonly.