Hi Heather, I understand your point of view as I think for a nurse you are right.

I have had 2 c-sections and each time I was not allowed to have bub in recovery with me. For me though I didnt want them in recovery. I dont think that is fair on the other patients. Maybe c-section woman should have another room for their recovery so they can have bub in with them. For my last c-section there was a woman beside me who wasnt too good and like you said they had to get things done quite quickly and there was a fair bit of movement and noise at one point. Each time I was shaking quite a bit (from my body being in shock I was told, but I think those recovery rooms are too cold) so I prefered for them to go with my husband. He did a great job both times. I must admit though each time I was busting to get to my room so I could feed my precious little one. I breast fed # 1 for 18 months and # 2 is still breastfed at 4 months. I had no trouble bonding or breastfeeding because of recovery but I totally understand woman who do.

A lot mothers find being forced away from their baby immediately after the birth quite traumatic, wether it be C-section or a complication during a vaginal birth.

It's difficult because it is major surgery and from the point of view of the nurse it probably would be extra pressure, especially if something was to go wrong in recovery.