Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having a c-sect Tuesday!

Netty good luck. I had a caesar going into week 42 back in April.

I second what everyone else has said. I got up and started walking as soon as I was allowed to and I think it really helped. Just get someone to help with the lifting at home but keep mobile and drink lots of fluids. I found that helped my recovery.

Netty, I just want to wish you the best on the birth of your beautiful baby. I also had a cs, and will be having another next time. Everyones experience will be different, just like nat birth. You will get through it. I survived!! My only regret is not filming it! I'm sure you will be well looked after. You have a positive attitude towards your birth preference, and that will go a long way too. Good for you!
    All the best xoxox

Netty good luck for next week.

My advice would be to rest as much as possible.
    Don't be afraid to ask for help.
    Have the pain killers they give you and only stop taking them if you think you can go without them. (I only ever took them for about 3 days after)
    I was told never lift anything heavier than the weight of your baby.
    Keep your scar dry at all times. I found after a couple of weeks putting sudocram on it helped with keeping it dry (you get a free sample in your bounty bag)

Thanks guys!

Michelle how do you keep the scar dry when you shower? Do you mean just dry it well after showering?

One more day...holy sheet!!!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Netty, firstly I wish you all the very best for Tuesday. I have had 2 c/s, 2nd was due to a breech bub.

With my first c/s I just went with the flow, did what I was told to do and just accepted that they knew best. One thing that was upsetting to me was that my son was only with me for a short time before they took him to the nursery to be weighed, measured and cleaned up. I missed his first bath and didn't get to give him his first feed until he was well passed 1 hour old. DH and I learnt from this and prior to going to theatre for the delivery of no.2, DH requested that DD stay with us in theatre and in the recovery room with me. The midwife even went and got all the equipment she was going to need to do the weighing and measuring....I got to give DD a b/f much sooner which was great and I was there for her first bath. Those first few hours of baby's life are so very precious and bonding is very important. Before going into theatre, have a chat to the midwife that will be joining you in there and let him/her what it is that you want.

In terms of keeping your wound dry, I had plastic skin on mine for a few days and then it came off by itself. Getting it wet isn't really a bad thing as you want to keep it clean. After having a shower, pat it dry with a clean towel and when you have you undies on, place a pad along the wound and the self adhesive back will stick to your undies. It sounds uncomfortable as you will have 2 pads stuck in your nickers, but the pad will keep it really dry.

I have butterflies in my stomach for you....I remember all to well how I was feeling in the days leading up to the birth of my little ones. Even though they were born by C/S the experience was a positive one, I got the best result in the end....happy, healthy babies, and it didn't matter that they didn't come out the way they went in. (IYKWIM)

All the best Netty....take in every moment, treasure every minute & lock the memories away in your heart.
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; February 12th, 2007 at 02:24 AM.

All the best for Tuesday!!!!!

Hey Netty
    NOT LONG NOW!!!!!
    make sure they give you your morphine after the op!!
    I had an emergancy ceaser and after the op they never administared my morphine so I woke up in the middle of the night in tears of pain... I call the MW and asked for some pain releif and she looked at me like I was some kind of druggo or something She said in a very condecending manner... I will call the doctor and see... she never called the doctor and she never came back to check on me so I cried myself to sleep
    2 days later one of the MW's was looking at my chart and said... "oh.... they didnt give you your morphine after the op" She said she was very proud of me but that I made it through that sort of pain without making a peep... other than the middle of the night 6 hours after the op!

So yeah!!! Make sure they give it to you so you can rest up and be ready for the time when your BEAUTIFUL BUBBA comes for his/her first mummy cuddles post op

GOOD LUCK
    xoxoxoxo

My Hint... After my c-sect.. my DHs undies were the best thing for a couple of days LOL.. he wears the tight boxer things but the band on them sat above my wound & they were so comfy (he wasnt impressed but too bad LOL).... plus you could still wear a pad with them!!!!!!!

I don't have anything to add Netty, but I just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow.

Netty sorry i meant after you have had a shower.

I totally agree with keeping a pillow within reach hun,, cause everytime you cough, sneeze, or move much, you will thank god for that pillow. Holding if firmly against your wound truely cuts down onthe ouch factor heaps. Another thing i found invaluable was the triangle on a chain they have over the bed,,,, I used thea to take alot of the presure of my tummy when getting up from laying down.

I cant believe it hun,,, only hours away from having that precious little bundle in your arms finally!!!!!!!
    Wow,, it is really starting to sink in!!
    I wont sleep tonight waiting the announcement hehe
    Best of luck Sweet, and I really hope it all goes beautifully
    Love Lil

My c/s was an emergency so I learnt alot the hard way since I had no opportunity to prepare
    I would second all the advice here particularly about the big undies! When you buy them put back the pairs you are going to buy....and go ANOTHER size up. They can't be too big!

And definitely go the pain killers. But be careful. My OB warned me that I would probably feel pretty good the day after the c/s because of pain medication still in my system and it would be day 3 that would be the shocker. He was soooo right. I overdid it a bit on day 2 thinking I was fine and on day three I totally hit the wall as well the 3 day blues setting in so beware of that.

The other thing I would add is most hospitals have a physio come to see you after your c/s to show you how to get in and out of bed and lift baby etc without hurting yourself. Listen to every thing they say and do it and you will be a whole lot better off. Their advice made a world of difference to me, before I saw them I was really struggling with getting up and then they showed me how and I had no more problems.

I think the main reason to have your dH there in the first couple of nights is because it takes a loong time to get yourself out of bed to pick up the baby and feed and if he's there he can help you. You will be moving like an old woman at first. Otherwise for the first night at least you will need to call a middie which is a bit of a pain when bub is yelling.

Oh yeah definitely get up and move around asap. I had my c/s at 3pm and at 6am the next morning as soon as I woke up I buzzed the middies and demanded they take out my catheter and drip because I was having a shower LOL. Best thing to do.

Good luck for your birth

Netty, just want to wish you good luck for tomorrow hun. I hope all goes well and I wish you a speedy recovery. Look forward to seeing that birth announcement too

Thanks everyone for all your support and suggestions. You have all been so lovely, all your kind words have brought tears to my eyes.

You are all wonderful and I look forward to sharing my news when I get back online!

Love Nets xxxx

Wishing you the very best for tomorrow -can't wait to hear about your little one!

Good luck netty!!!
    This time tomorrow you will have met your little one - how excitement!!

Best of luck for tomorrow Netty, Bet you can't wait til you finally meet your bub.

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodluck hun!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast