Many many I am so sorry hun.

FWIW, I had a long labour (29 hours) but I was in the shower for a few hours towards the end until they made me get out just before 6am. DS was born by emergency c-section just before 9am. I had complications (no where near what you experienced) and I have no memory whatsoever of having pads changed or even of having one on!!! Never thought about it until I read your post. No idea if I had undies on or anything. I wasn't in ICU (local hossy doesn't have one) but I was in high needs for pretty much the whole day. Got back onto the ward after dinnertime that night. I don't remember any sponge bath etc but they helped me up the next morning around 8am, took out my cathader and I had two nurses helping me to shower, plus I was sitting on a chair for most of it. So that was about 24 hours after he was born.

I have similar thoughts to HotI in that straightforward c-sections, and even my experience, might not be directly comparable to yours. I wonder what other mums in other ICU's experienced?

Again, I'm so sorry. I hate that you experienced that kind of treatment. I do hope your file arrives soon.