Unfortunately we don't have the option of going private, we were going to get health insurance before we started to try for a baby but this little one decided now was best.

I've been given the option of Mater Womans or Ipswich. I have a friend who works in the NICU at Mater so was leaning more towards that hospital and after the news last night of Ipswich being over crowded I thought my discussion would be best... but still not sure....

My first C-section was positive with no issues (although emergency) so I know that it's possible...

I have requested my records from the hospital back in NZ and will request the ones from my GP also as he was there before and after everything happened...

If only I could have lost dramatic amounts of weight before falling pregnant then I wouldn't have the "perfect" breading ground for infection around my c-section...