Danielle

Can you ask at public hospital to have the same OB if possible as you have a special case for the Dr to understand your history so it doesnt happen again? Also it would be a really good idea to discuss the birth plan and have procedures in place so you are at ease for your 2nd c/s. You still should be able to discuss with anesthetist why your heart rate dropped etc, asking them if it was the anesthetic type or what else was it ? I had an emergency c/s with my first after a traumatic 3 day labour and trying to birth naturally, so for my 2nd birth I went through counselling through a psycologist to help me prepare which I totally recommend, it really helped with my anxiety for the birth, also we spent a whole session focussing that every birth is different for each baby which really helped. I hope you find your answers and also the support you need and want xxx