The way I see it and the way they explained it to me at my hospital is that if bub was fine then she was with me apart from weighting and measuring... and I had warm blankets and a silver tube put under the bankets that had warm air blowing from it... I was boiling so there was no way that DD was getting cold!
I would stress that that is what you want and if bub is ok then that what you should get!!
Kate





Reply With Quote
You can let them know after the birth if/when you want them there.
So if worst comes to it and you aren't allowed bub in recovery, its ok
It might be disappointing, but you'll have so much time the rest of their life (or at least childhood LOL), try not to dwell too much on those first two hours.
.
, just in case they may by any chance get a peep before I came back, if that was to happen. I told them either DH would come and get them or call once they were allowed to come up! I wanted DH and I to introduce our DD as a couple also.... it wasn't just about the bonding and cuddles, it was my parents first grandDAUGHTER and I wanted to be there to see them meet.

Bookmarks