I agree with *star* that you need to find out why they want to perform a c/s so that you can make an informed decision. It's your baby and your body so ask as many questions as you want so that you understand the reasons behind their decisions. I had an elective c/s because after weighing up all the pros and cons of a baby in breech I decided for me that was how I wanted to proceed. And it turned out to be the right decision I feel because of the position DD was in. But I did ask a lot of questions and made sure I understood everything before I made the decision.

As for a cuddle afterwards, they do whisk bub away for a couple of minutes to check their vitals but then DD was placed directly on my chest and we have pictures of DD on me with my DH with us too. I also had my c/s at the Royal Women's in Melbourne and the staff were so lovely. They took pictures for us so we could cuddle and look at our baby.

All the best with everything. xx