Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Family tax supplement

Indeedy doodie! I lodged our returns on Saturday and I checked OLS today and they have our "Actual income" already. Looks like that new system they were trialing (and driving us barmy with) last year is up and running smoothly!

About time, IMO. In this day and age with it all being done by computers anyway, it shouldn't take "up to 21 days".

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady View Post
    LOL BR, If I saw I had that incoming I would have dropped dead on the floor.
    Kat, I have gotten nearly that one year and I was surprised too LOL. Didn't last long as we had heaps of things that we were putting off buying for the house that we were able to get.

I wont get mine till nearly Christmas that will be handy because DH isn't having his tax done till Sept/Oct depending on what grain prices do this year and we have to wait till September for that.

I got 2 strange amounts in my bank account today but I actually think they are from last year as we only put our tax in in January this year.I spoke to a lady 2 days ago as i received a leter saying they hadnt received DP's tax lodgement (even though it had been sent and we'd had a letter back from the tax dept confirming they got it). She said that the system they changed too had taken a bit of a delay to transfer everything over or something like that so there was a back log.

It was odd amounts like one for $100 and something dollars and then another for about $470. I think it would be the reconcilliation of the 2008-2009 financial years FTB and FTA (as we wouldnt get full payment as DD was only born in March). Hoping I get a lettter about it soon in the mail as I dont have online services.

ETA- Feeb - looks liek the same thing that hapened with you!

I'm actually excited to get our tax done and see what we are going to get with our childcare quaterly rebate, tax returns (more DH than mine) and FTB. I'm really really hoping to get a decent amount back so we can pay some of our bills from when I was on maternity leave.

just a question if u notify family assistance that u dont need to do a tax return do u have to tell ATO coz im pretty sure u dont have have to coz thats wat i was told by family assistance and i notified them but i havent heard anything back as to when its happening is that normal?

No, I don't think you have to tell the ATO, just C'link.

im patiently waiting for mine i keep looking online at my bank to see if i have recieved my family tax supplement lol
    so broke atm cannot wait!

I didn't tell ATO, only Centerlink, and mine has gone through

I spoke to FAO about it today & I was told to check with the ATO just in case.

there is a form you need to fill in for ATO that advises that you have no need to lodge a tax return. if you don't, your "file" stays open for that financial year and ATO don't consider your tax affairs finalised.

Non-lodgment advice 2009-10

here is a link to the page on their website. doesn't take long and will finalise your dealings so that everything is wrapped up

you need to notify BOTH ATO and FAO that you won't be lodging a tax return

ok well i just checked and its going through on friday yay

the fao stuff will go through if you only notify FAO - but if you don't notify ATO, ATO doesn't know and will keep your file open

Mine is going in on Friday too and about $500 that I didn't expect.

Regards,
    Dianne

hey BG, i was a bit confuzzled and filled in my tax return (which says $0 payable) i havent lodged it but its all filled out, can i just click send and lodge it rather than sit on the fone to FAO and ATO all day?

you don't need to do anything with FAO if you've been on PPS all year. with the ATO, if it says $0 payable, does it show that you will be getting back what you paid from your PPS? i would be wary of submitting if i wasn't sure i was getting back what i'd paid

Good news for me Overestimated DH's income by about $5k this year, so I should be getting a little top-up, which will come in super-handy for us atm!! (I'm about to call my mum and ask her to buy a box of nappies for the DDs because I'm so skint!)
    Now to hustle DH off to the taxman to get it all filed and notify ATO and FAO

BG, my friends mum is an accountant and she had a look and told me i wont be getting anything back from my PPS. and i already received my FTB supplements

BG- have a question for you. I have a $700 tax debt from last year that I only found out about recently (apparently there was a discrepency in my income.) Anyhow I know I have been taxed $520 from Parenting payments as I've already recieved the group cert from centrelink. As I haven't worked at all for the whole year I'm assuming that all of that $520 would be coming back, is this correct?? So if I get the $520 it will go straight onto the tax debt won't it?
    Second part of the question: We recieve full FTB A and about 90% FTB B, so I would be entitled to both of the supplements i'm assuming?? I'm pretty sure we will have underestimated our combined income by about $1000, if thats so are we likely to recieve none of the supplement? Or some of it??
    Sorry to ask so many questions its just hard not knowing with so many bills piled up.
    TIA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast