Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Family tax supplement

tattoo_mumma - a friend of mine is on single & they haven't actually started processing the single payment supplements yet (from what they told her on the phone), so you shouldn't have recieved it yet. Are you registered for c'link online? If you are if you are getting the payment in the next 2 days, it will show on your future payments list. If its already been paid, it'll be in past payments. If there's nothing on either list, it hasn't been paid to you yet

Ella - My DH had a $450 debt a few years ago & it automatically came out of his next refund from what I remember. So if this debt is in your name, & you paid $520 in tax, I assume they'll take that & your debt will go down to the difference.
    If you only underestimated by $1000, it shouldn't make much difference to your supplement, but what ever you were over paid will come out of the supplement payment from my understanding. I can't imagine it would be very much at all though hun. (BG - correct me if I'm wrong )

Ella - the amount of tax you paid will go straight of the previous year tax debt when you do your return. some of your supplements may also be garnished (as it is a commonwealth debt). in theory you won't be topped up a "tax benefit" when you owe taxes, or, vice verse, you won't get a tax refund if you owe ftb. if you over underestimated, any amount you were over paid will come out of the supplements before you are paid them. if it's the lower income earner, it can be as much as 50c in the dollar (so it could be as much as 500 for ftbb) and 20c in the dollar for ftba. really depends on your income estimates

Clover - the bulk reconcilliation payments aren't supposed to start processing until tomorrow, however there are some activities on files that need reconciliation to progress before they can be actioned. given TM is starting a course soon and has (i believe) applied for JET child care, it may have forced reconcilliation of her file early.

Not confusing at all! Sorry TM. My friend is on PPS only & not doing anything else, so I had no idea about any of that.

now im so confused
    clink told me id get tax back from what i paid on my PPS (apparently its taxable) but then my friends mum whos an accountant said i dont get anything back.
    ive already gotten my FTB supplements... im not sure whats going on

if you have paid tax on your pps, you need to get advice as you should have enough with the low income offsets and tax free threshold to not have to pay anything - so everything should come back to you

something has obviously triggered reco on your account hun - hence you getting your supplements already. it could be to do with the child care, teh current care percentage dispute being actioned etc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234