Thread: Best way to Temp?

Default Best way to Temp?

can anyone suggest, or is there a study to show what way is best for charting temp? I noticed the mercury vs digital thread, but any place to take it? Oral, Vaginal, Armpit? I would like it to be as accurate as possible....I don't think I can't handle getting my hopes up anymore lol.

thanks!

Ninah, from memory, vaginal temping is more accurate than oral, but I couldn't bring myself to do it that way so just shoved it in my mouth.
    I got a digital thermometer from lullaby conceptions with 2 decimal places, made it so much easier to see a shift in temperature compared to the 1 decimal thermometer!
    Goodluck

Nic

I only ever did oral temping and went from mercury to digital as we were travelling and found both types fine. Just keep the consistency for the whole month ie. start one way with one type and stick to that otherwise it may be harder to compare. I figured oral was the easiest way and found it to be good.

I also used OPK's around the time I was ovulating to see the pre-empt of O which pretty much always coincided with the temp rise a few days later. Helped us really narrow it down.

Good luck

Thanks guys...I appreciate it

Definitely get a thermometre with 2 decimal places. My first one just had one decimal place and I noticed a HUGE difference with the two decimal places.

Vaginal temping is more accurate but oral is a lot more convenient. I had no trouble temping and falling pregnant using oral temps.

Good luck Ninah!

I found the mercury ones so much more accurate. The digital one was hit and miss depending on the room temperature for some reason. It also didn't like to work if it was too cold. I think there are better digital ones out there than the one I had. The chemist has the proper conception mercury ones. Orally is fine but at the same time roughly each morning before getting out of bed or talking etc.

ive just started charting as adviced by my FS and unfortunally i have been told that vaginally is the most accurate way to do so!

I only did oral and I had a 1 decimal place thermometer & my shifts were easy to see.

Don't give up. My first pregnancy took 3 years to achieve. My pregnancies this year only took a matter of months so you never know when you might just get lucky.

Satya - Did u do your temping at the same time each day? im a shift worker and dont get up at the same time every day! im worried that it will effect it!

Thanks for your advice everyone