Thread: EWCM twice? Help please...

Maybe 3 Guest

Default EWCM twice? Help please...

I just posted this and I've no idea where it ended up. So I'll have to do it again, luckily I C&P'd it first...

Hi, we've been TTC for #3 since Feb.

Here's my chart... 36aa2 Ovulation Charts

My chart says I likely ovulated on CD16. I didn't need FF to tell me that though...on the morning of CD16 I woke up to noticeable ovulation pain in my left ovary and obvious lower back pain. The next day CD17 cervical fluid went from eggwhite to watery and as I expected I had a decent thermal shift up.

Then this morning (CD18) I noticed I had obvious EWCM again!

What's going on??? Is it normal to get EWCM after ovulation? I've looked at other charts and no one else seems to get that. I hope we (and FF) haven't stuffed up.

Also, one more question, I usually temp between 7-7.30am. This morning my son got me out of bed at 6am, then I went back to bed and stayed there until I took my temp at 7.15am and it was 36. Would getting up have affected my temp and how?

TIA

ETA - the link to my chart wouldn't have worked, it should now. I now have crosshairs saying I O'd on CD16. But yesterday's massive amount of EWCM has got me stumped.
    Last edited by Maybe 3; May 19th, 2008 at 07:45 AM.

Maybe you have ovluated twice this cycle? It can happen I think.

Not sure about the BBT and getting up. I don't temp but I'm sure some of the other women who do would know whether being back in bed an hour would bring your temp back down.

Good luck.

Hi there, well not many replies to this question !! I cant give you an answer but my cycle this month has been weird too, take a look if you like.. I had one day ewcm then nothing and then another day of ewcm which in turn changed my o day from 14th to the 16th so we sorta stopped dtd a bit early, hope we are still in with a chance..
    Take care and best of luck for this cycle..
    Last edited by onemore; May 22nd, 2008 at 08:53 AM.

dont know what happened there, my link to ff chart dissapeared when I edited that post... hopefuly it will come back with this one.

Did you have sex at during O? Sometimes excess semen can seem like EWCM.

Maybe 3 Guest

One more - FF changed my O day also. Originally it had it at CD16 (Fri), then yesterday it moved it to CD18 (Sun), which was the day of the Return Of The EWCM. I actually think I may have O'd twice, because I felt it on CD16. I'm pretty in tune with things since I temped for my 2nd child.

Did you have sex at during O? Sometimes excess semen can seem like EWCM.
    On Sunday when the EWCM started again, we hadn't done it since Thurs night so no, it def wasn't the other. We did it that night tho just in case FF had made a mistake ...and as it turns out it was lucky because, as I mentioned above, FF changed my O day to the Sunday.

It's all over now anyway, all we can do is cross our fingers! I'm kind of starting to waver on the whole Baby #3 idea, so I hope it happens this month before we can change our minds! Good luck to all of you!

Baby0309 Guest

mabe3 hi
    ive heard its normal to get a 2nd surge of ewcm.
    you only ovulate once,
    but you can definatly get another surge of ewcm,

this happens to me regularly. I'm not charting because of it actually but have been watching my cycle since TTC in Jan08. Mine also seems to stick around for upwards of 5-6 days so found it too confusing. I don't regularly get the ovulation pain so even more confusing. I would say its normal and ovulation has only happened once. I might be wrong but I also find that if I've drunk more water than normal around that time, it can come back or continue for a few days. But that's just me. Good luck.