Thread: Thermometers

Default Thermometers

Is there a digitial thermometer that doesn't beep?

Mine just doens one little "bleep" when the temp is ready - are you trying not to wake DH, cos mine is so soft it wouldnt.

Yes exactly - trying not to wake hubby. The one I have keeps beeping until my temp comes up and then beeps constantly! The one you have sounds great. What is it called?

Hi Gurnz, its the Surgipack ovulation digital thermometer - product code 6335 (lol its on a sticker on the back!!)
    it really is very quiet, good luck!!

Oh thanks Catrionalee, that's so helpful. I'm going to start temping again now as nothing is happening for me. Getting rather down about it all, so now I can at least feel like I'm doing something! I'll check out the chemist........

Yours sounds like a good one, Catrionalee. I thought I'd found one yesterday, but it wasn't quite the right model. Oh well, will keep looking!

Good luck with yours, Gurnz!

Have you had any luck Loqua? Only I was in Chemist Warehouse today and was looking at digital thermometers, the shop assistant asked if I needed any help, I explained I needed a thermometer for BBT and she whisked me away to a separate section where they had digital 'ovulation thermometers' (and Maybe Baby and OPKs). I bought the model catrionlee has. I think the other ones I was looking at where Surgipack as well, but not packaged as 'ovulation thermometers' .

Yay! Well done on finding it! I checked out a few places last week, but didn't have any luck. Mind you, I was being a bit of a silly, and was too shy to ask. (It's not often these days that I revert to my 17-year-old self, but it still happens from time to time!)

Unfortunately our time ran out in Australia, and we arrived back in the US a couple of days ago. I wonder if Surgipack is an Aussie brand, or if it's available here. Should check that out.

(Thanks for asking, btw. The more time I spend here on BB, the more I love it. )

Quote Originally Posted by Loqua View Post
    Yay! Well done on finding it! I checked out a few places last week, but didn't have any luck. Mind you, I was being a bit of a silly, and was too shy to ask. (It's not often these days that I revert to my 17-year-old self, but it still happens from time to time!)

Unfortunately our time ran out in Australia, and we arrived back in the US a couple of days ago. I wonder if Surgipack is an Aussie brand, or if it's available here. Should check that out.

(Thanks for asking, btw. The more time I spend here on BB, the more I love it. )
    Aww, I know what you mean. I kept wanting to turn around to see if anyone I knew could see what I was doing. I felt so conspicuous standing in line with my pink and white "Ovulation Thermometer!". I'm the same when I buy condoms. I'm 29, you think I'd be over it!

I think I saw an Aussie address on the instructions, but I did notice the Tyco logo as well. They're multinational, so maybe you can find the same product with a different name there?

Quote Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Aww, I know what you mean. I kept wanting to turn around to see if anyone I knew could see what I was doing. I felt so conspicuous standing in line with my pink and white "Ovulation Thermometer!". I'm the same when I buy condoms. I'm 29, you think I'd be over it!

I think I saw an Aussie address on the instructions, but I did notice the Tyco logo as well. They're multinational, so maybe you can find the same product with a different name there?
    Ha! I'm about to turn 32... not sure I'll ever be any different!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking online, and I think I've found one pretty similar. The only problem is that it's in Farenheit. Which, I suppose, doesn't make much difference once you start recording. But it would be nice to have it in a unit of measurement I know.