Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #131

Welcome back Gigi! you have been missed! that was me with the fuscia Cute tooshies... and yeah $12.50 is so cheap! Couldn't pass up that coz they are one of my fave nappies!

Becstar - hey I might try the wrap around wings thing. I never thought of that. The scrunching often makes me wonder why I bother lining them at all...

Gudism - what other night nappies do you have other than your snoozywuns? And how do they compare with your snoozywun? I am really really REALLY tempted to get one...

Ooh and good luck to all you bidders on mandymacs. Don't outbid each other girls!

Well I'd better get back to work.

WOHB: I only gave MIL Magicalls today so I guess that's what's she's got on!

Just popping in quickly as I have the dreaded "stuff" to do, but had to say;

WELCOME BACK GIGI!!!

Missed you lady! Hope everything went well in hossie.

On nappy buckets - I must be just super lucky, ours (we have 2 though...) don't smell at all, when they're empty....

Sparrowgal - we have a Sandmans as well (just waiting for my other night nappy to come as well, can't remember what brand it is... ordered too many... lol) I don't think Sandmans is as good a fit on him as the Snoozywun, but they both leak from his big morning wee - so I have to be a good mum and actually change him before he eats and drinks anything... my mum told me to put him out on the lawn and make him pee on it when he gets up... and I'm like.. uh... winter!?!?!!? LOL

What was I saying.. yeah, neither of them have leaked overnight with him though (touch wood...)

Mel.........I have a sandman aswell, and hate it for night use, I only have 1 BBH that gets used every second night atm, I got another at the expo which I have just washed 5 times so will use tonight and ordered another from Charmlea which when I get I will have three going in rotation but would still love to get a snoozywun if they are as gr8t as you say, cant wait to see one.

For nappy buckets, I shake the cornstarch baby powder (we got given it but don't really use) into the bottom, that soaks up an excess moisture.
    Aldi have nappy buckets on sale tomorrow, for $7. Think I might grab one or so, the lids are a bit broken on mine.

And for those who wanted to know standard Mandy Mac prices, there's a Mandy Mac website I think, and a few people who retail them individually. I think MM sell them for $17 each?

Better go, Riv's trying to call people on the phone, and he stinks anyway.

well I am so glad I didnt over bid then $14.50 am happy with that.

LOL Jodi, sun IS a problem here....

I got some Cute Tooshies too.....what a bargain!! Gigi I didn't even THINK to wash my fushia ones alone.....DUH. But no problems so far. And yes, Jake is a boy.. I thought 'berry' was red!! Love them so much I can't bear to part with them though, he can wear a pink nappy. Anyone know if I could dye them red??

xxx

WOHB: still the wee weeka and bummis....

fuschia is a gorgeous colour! Dunno about dyeing it though

Well I finally get to see how the IB fits on Emily today. I've been slack since I bought it and haven't had my washing up to date, until yesterday. I have soooo many pink nappies, but they're all so cute.

Goodness gracious you girls can talk!

I got fluffymail yesterday! Two huge packages filled with Mambino Mio - so not particularly "fluffy" as such but my stash is starting to look good (working on the if you build it they will come theory).

FJ - will finally get around to your posting your slightly more fluffy mail today - I packaged it the other day then realised that I hadn't put the drawstring in (there was one sitting on the coffee table and I said to myself - gee I don't remember making two of those - DERRRRRRR!)

Also got some coral fleece at SL yesterday and am thinking that that counts as fluffy so all is very happy here.

Finished the shorties

Fricking camera battery is flat....

It takes, what, about 15 minutes to put some charge in the batteries? Will be back in 15 then LOL - I have been looking forward to seeing these Sam

Aw thanks Muppity. I just finsihed mine last night. Not that happy with it, so beginer looking LOL. I will post a pic on NC a little later. I haven't made the draw string yet.
    I don't think its going to fit. My cast on & cast off area's have no stretch to them
    I am going to look for another soaker to try. Might try Shannons in the round soaker pattern....

Dammit Mel you outbid me!!! I was the one with it at $9!

Ness, for got to post it yesterday, will do today.
    Last edited by ~Raven~; July 2nd, 2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: removal of link.

So sorry Ali.....I bid on about 3 to make sure I got one, I did look at the one you are on now but it is PINK...I only wanted one to try please

hi girls
    If you order 6 x mandymac through their website they are only $16! i have ordered 6 so i hope they are as good as you all tell me

Wasnt sure about the built in liner thing? so i didnt get the liners? does this sound ok? I hope my BBH PUL's fit over the top!

BTW! I became an aunty this morning... my first neice! Claire Sheree born via c/s at 7lb2oz!
    YAYAYAYAYAY
    \
    WOHB - Sposies - as i am still fluffymail less!

Ah it was on the last page but who was thinking of dying their cute tooshie red? I think Red dye can be notorious for running...or I could be making that up. Just be aware of that if you dye it. I wash our red stuff with our blacks (which totally bewilders dh :P).

We have a bag of oranges at our house at the moment, and Riv has been pulling them out and trying to eat them and then pulling the cutest face when he gets a mouthful of peel. And he's been throwing them around too. Lucky I only want them for juicing! (Any locals, or others up Sammis way want oranges? My inlaws have a LOT on their tree at the moment, and they're pretty juicy for juicing.) (Oh, and my parents also have kiwifruit and pumpkins, I think)

Got a rave about GreenKids now, really loving how they fit on Si (he's 3 months now), they're nice and snug around the legs and so cute!

And you know, I'd COMPLETELY forgotten about Mandy Macs! Hmm...:P

Sammi yay on finishing the shorties! I bet they're grouse.

ETA: Hey congrats PP!

Yeah red can run - but you can buy these things you put in the washing machine that sucks up the runinngdye now. looks like a little piece of cloth... cant think what they are called but you can get them in safeway. Otherwise i do the same and wash with blacks lol

thanks for the congrats... not sure when i will go to see her - i have told her i will leave it up to her to tell me when she is really for visitors as it was an emergency c/s and she was a little upset over it all.

I have gone crazy being impatient waiting for my MCN's so i keep ordering in the hope one will arrive... in the past 2 weeks i have spent just over $650... will DH kill me? mmmmmm

Heres my current inventory

Nappies
    6 x mandy macs (OSFA)
    12 BBH bamboo (OSFA)
    4 x magicalls (medium)
    2 x itti bitti AIO (1 sml + 1 medium)
    10 x Baby cheeks Pockets (OSFA)
    1 x happy heiny pocket (sml)
    5 x various seconds (sml)

4 x wool covers (2 small + 2 medium)
    11 x PUL covers (6 small + 4 medium + 1 Large)

10 x extra trifold microfibre/bamboo fleece boosters (c/- my sewing machine lol)

mmm i think that is it!

Will that keep me going for a while do you think? And i am still thinking of flanny flats for newborn... although peeps have told me that newborns are ok in MCN - is not to bulky ????
    Last edited by PinkPalace; July 2nd, 2008 at 01:41 PM.

sam cant wait ot see them!!!

nelle rivs just too cute!!

PP you BB convers wil fit over them, i use shorties over mine!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast