Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #131

WOW thats heaps PP!!! YAY! I use my BB covers as well as soakers.

Speaking of red dye... I have a Shannon soaker (thats what they are called in my house ) and she dyed it red... it runs heaps. I hand wash it and the cream area is now pink but the funny thing is over a mandy mac & the MM gets pink spots when it gets wet, it washes out but its DH's indicator, he just looks for the pink spot.

WOHB: funny enough... mandy mac and shannon soaker

oooh ah christy it is a lot isnt it.
    I might have to stop coming to the forum to avoid the temptation of buying more reccomendations lol
    But still bring some along tomorrow to the meet for me to see

PP - you can reassure your DH that I've spent a lot more than that, so he's lucky to not be married to me.. lol
    I wouldn't even want to list my stash, its bad enough to list numbers!!!!!!

Nelle - Riv is soo cute... Aricyn likes to eat mango.. through the skin... go figure..

WOHB: Sposie (day care.. )

Gudism - do they make you send sposies to daycare?

PP - I asked the day care if they would do cloth, and they said yup, but its his last day at this particular one so I didn't bother getting a bucket for them, and its just easier for him to be in sposies. However, he will be starting at his new daycare on monday and I will give them cloth and a bucket so no excuses!!!!!!

GOT FLUFFY MAIL CONFIRMATION FROM DH!!!!!

Tis a big order from Nappy Bucket... crikey.. I didn't realise I put in that much of an order... must of been on a roll... LOL

And another cheap Motherease nappy I scored off ebay.. woohoo!!!!

OOh thats what I was going to ask - how does everyone name their nappies for day care??? I don't want any one stealing my precious bum g's!!! LOL
    Last edited by ~Raven~; July 2nd, 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: 2 in a row

Hey PP, hows your Boosters/inserts going?

Can you use the labellers?
    I bought one at kmart on sale for $40 and labelled all dd's clothes and lunchbox etc... might need to sew on though.. not sure if it will stick

FJ - going well. have been playing with how to sew them - ie inside out... rough edge etc - doesnt matter as long as they soak up the wee... (havent had the chance to use yet though). Washed them all 3 times so far (first hot with hot dry prior to sewing like you said) then throw them in the wash when ever i do a wash...

Gudi - I don't name mine, we're the only cloth bum! But I don't bother with a bucket, just a nappy bag (the baby beehinds bags are great!) that they fill up. I just make sure they flush the poo ... that's something they don't usually do! Otherwise, pop down to officeworks and you can get labels from there, sew 'em on

I see lots of posts welcoming Gigi back! about to go to the previous thread.

Got 2 lots of fluffy mail today - the widdlewuns monster roar (I thought I bought a white nappy, its pale green but hey, still looks good) and nappybucket - 2x BP & lots of babylegs. And picked up my babybeehinds order, they only sent 2 hemp, 2 bamboo despite the invoice / order being during their "buy 2 get 1 free" sale. Have called them, waiting for a callback.

DH is now not even putting the MCN into the bucket - he just takes them off Pip and leaves them on the floor. ARSGHHHH.

WoHB - flanno flat (daycare), was magicall @ drop-off , will be either magicall or BP when I collect him.

Kaz - I'm pretty sure that we will be the only cloth users there at day care too... so maybe I won't bother.
    Widdlewuns are soo cute... I'm loving mine, so purdy.. and my DH leaves the MCN's on the bathroom floor, on the bedside table near the changetable.. on the floors.. lol... I do pass them to him and make him put them in the bucket though.. but he knows better than to mess with a pregnant hormonal biatch!!! LOL

PP - we do have a labeller, but its only for plastic items and stuff.. not clothing

Wow PP, I'd say you could probably slow down now :P See how you go with those, and as your kids grow, your needs might evolve, who knows, you might do a bit of selling and buying down the track.

I wonder how many I have...I'll just guesstimate from memory, so I might be over or under a couple. (I've small-ified the font, to try and make it not look like so much. :P)
    Baby BeeHinds Bamboo x 7
    Baby BeeHinds Hemp x 3
    Tots Bots Cottons x 10
    GreenKids x 4
    BumGenius x 12
    Tots Bots Bamboozles x 7
    Tots Bots Fluffles x 1
    Bubblebubs x 1
    Ecobots Wool x 1
    Wagglewee Kids x 1
    BerryPlush x 7
    Gadimal x 1
    Happy Heiny x 1
    Flanny Flats x 24
    Prefolds x 24
    Motherease Rikki covers x 6
    Peapods x 2
    Monkey Doodlez x 2
    Magicalls x 9
    Itti Bittis x 7
    HoneyBoy x 1
    Motherease Airflow covers x 3
    Bummis cover x 3
    Tots Bots PUL x 4
    Tots Bots fleece x 1
    Baby BeeHinds wool x 5
    Baby BeeHinds PUL x 1
    Mazalicious covers x 3
    Eenees snibs x 2
    Llamajama longies x 1 (soon I'll have some Shanny ones yaaay)
    Wildchild dreamy night nappy x 1
    Whizzkids newborn x 2
    Lotus night nappy x 1
    Sandman Bamboo x 2
    Catnaps Night Honeyboy x 1

I think that's about it...give or take a few. So counting just nappies (not covers), that's...ooer. About 84.
    No wonder I can go without washing for so long.
    Ah well. I love them all like children, so I'm not selling any! :P

lol i dont feel so bad now nelle! lol
    I have tried to buy as may OSFA as i can so i can use themwith both bubs
    but your list is impressive! (thank god for sml text haha)

OMG Nelle... thats all I can say... LOL

ok Nelle!

Which is your all time best favourite for a day and night nappy!

Seeing you have tested every brand out there hehe

Wow Nelle, I'm in awe.

Phoned baby beehinds, they will post them out tomorrow or friday (I just bought another wetbag from them )

Hmmmm. Wonder when there will be more BP inserts available?

now with the hemp, I understand that some bubs can take a little while to get used to them - should I introduce them to Pip slowly then? or ??

The IB discounts, which site was that off? with the code? is it still available?

anyhows, good luck tomorrow with the new CC gudi

That's for TWO kids though...in winter...though I didn't count the flats and prefolds...that takes the list to 132.

Yeah PP, OSFA nappies are great like that, I've got quite a few. I'm finding even the Tots Bots Cottons size 2 aren't too bulky for Si if they've been tumble dried! I thought they'd be way too bulky, but the drier makes a difference!

Anyone know how to make velcro stickier? My GK velcro is lacking a bit in the sticky department...

Oh and Kaz, my dh has been known to put nappies straight on the floor, or ON the nappy bucket instead of in. Lazy! The only time I'll forgive ON the nappy bucket is when it's in the middle of the night, because I know he tries to change the night nappy while staying as asleep as possible - if I want it done properly I could always be the one to do any night changes....naaahhhh.
    Or if the nappy bucket's full, instead of emptying it into the big bucket in the laundry, he puts nappies on top.
    He never used to do that actually, perhaps it's time for a friendly cuppa and reminder that doing that makes my job harder, especially if Riv ever finds the left out nappies! Ewww!

ETA: Lol PP, for Si I like Bamboozles or Baby BeeHinds, and for Riv, BerryPlush or Itti Bittis...any nappy for Riv really.

And Kaz, neither or my kids have ever had an issue with hemp. I really like hemp, maybe even more than bamboo in some cases, it hasn't gotten stinky for us either.
    Last edited by Nelle; July 2nd, 2008 at 03:53 PM.

the code EXPO is still valid KAz and i think there is another code valid until decemeber for the same thing! the girls will know (thats who told me).

Does anyone NOT use a wetbag out and about... what do you use.. what is a wetbag made from?

Nelle - not sure on the velcro.. does it have lots of fluffy in it? mght have to give it a haircut!

Kaz - the website is just the IB one for the discount - PP has told you the code

Oh and new day care starts on monday - tomorrow is cloth nappy meet up day!!! WOOOOHHOOOOO I can't wait!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping some of Christy's parenting patience will rub off on me...

The other code is DLISH for exactly the same thing

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast