Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #133

i've got a heap of wool things here that need washing, but not sure what to use with them? Just wool wash or something? Or is normal detergent ok? My machine can do a wash specifically for woollens so I'd say its pretty gentle, but unsure as to what to put in the machine with it.

WOHB:... Cushie Tushie I think... yeah.. a pink one.. LOL

this is what i am trying to figure out too Mel
    i see that baby isnt here yet ! lol (how are you feeling).

The BBH info book says to use wool wash....? then to soak and lanolise ?

WOHB - Khaki CB AIO pocket with bamboo booster

HAPPY SIX MONTHS MATEAUZ & MAZ!!! Maz - you have legendary boobies and you've done so well to feed for six months!! WHOOO HOOO! (I can't believe that he is six months old already, but then I can't believe that Euan is over 7 months old either).

Why oh why does my son do sneaky poos? I just about have to stick my hand in and feel his bum-crack (not the funnest job in the world) because now that he does proper people poo it sticks to his ar$e and not the nappy, so if I look down the back and in each leg it looks like there's nothing there, but when I open the nappy he's got a big nugget stuck to his bum.

Still no WC... Nappies are in the dryer. He saturated the Sugarpeas number we had on last night, but didn't leak. Whew.

Re: wool - if machine washing I'd def. use a wool or delicates cycle and a washbag- cold and with a gentle spin cycle. Wouldn't use normal detergent, and wouldn't wash with normal nappies. If in doubt, I'd handwash.

WOHB: BumG

I've got all my MCN in the washing machine as we speak - including our first poo-ey one. I've pre-rinsed and put them on a full cycle (we usually only do a 'quick wash' as it's more water/energy efficient and cleans just as well). We'll see how they clean up. Hope we get some sun this arvo or tomorrow so I can hang them outside...

Now... back to shopping

Got fluffy mail last night - Thanks Trish!!!

Have also enlisted SIL & the use of her embroidery machine when I make some fleece covers Even better since they are in the process of moving into a rental 4 doors down from us while they build

Congrats on 6 months Maz!!!

I got fluffy mail today, but now I have to send it on to my friend. oh well, i cant keep it all.

WOEB: sposie @ cc
    WOSB: knickers @ cc, unless she is asleep, then it would be sposie.

soon I am going to have to stop posting WOSB! unless it is night time or in the car she will be in knickers!

ali - that's great progress Sarah is having with TT.

suse - the poos get even better when they're eating all the foods that we eat! You should see some of Nina's! I feel for Heath this afternoon, cause he's going to have to change her

I'm waiting on heaps of fluffy mail this week. I think our postie must be on strike, I haven't seen him since Thursday Typical north queenslander, we're very laid back here.

Suse- My WC took a while, 2 weeks i think. I am pretty sure the lovely w/c lady is having a rough time with either preg or new bub, so be patient.

Dear Disco's Boobs....................GREAT JOB! Well done on producing the gold stuff so well for the last 6 months! xxxx Happy 6 months Mat. xxx

I just went and brought some wool wash - woohoo, I'm making progress.. hehe...

Just wondering, can you put any type of nappy in the dryer? Is it only the ones with PUL on the outside that you shouldn't ? Like if its material, ie, like what is on the outside of a Sandman, then can they go in the dryer? I'm so sick of waiting for my nappies to dry - I'm nearly out!!!!!! And sick of using sposies of a night time.

And would you believe what my DH did.. he got fluffy mail for me at his work today (cos I get everything sent to his office PO box..) and he LEFT IT THERE.... He didn't think it was important to me... I told him (very seriously) in the car, that they are the only joy in my life and its not nice to leave them at work..

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

GUDSIM - the Sandmans i have seen, have quilter's cotton on the outer, and that is fine in the drier.

from what i read, the things that degrade in the drier, over time, if you use the drier HEAPS, is things like the ELASTIC.

i put in the drier - without any worries, all the inserts, the trifolds, the fitted nappies.

i put in the drier - SPARINGLY - everything else - e.g the PUL pockets with cotton velour inners, just a few minutes fluffs up the inner.

I don't feel any need to put the fleece or PUL covers in the drier at all, they dry so fast all on their lonesome as it is.

PINK PALACE - i've got a baby beehinds wetbag, they're a really good size, i reckon they would be fine for two in cloth. Even with one bub, i find having two wetbags very useful.

NELLE - the new bumgenius have a 12 month warranty.

and absolutely, any product (kozy designs or whatever) will work differently on different bubs, absolutely. If they work well for a bub at night, all power to that. i reckon, do whatever works for you - as a motto for life. (i got that from a permaculture newletter). I only have experience of one bub, and i'm sure plenty of things that DON"T work on her, will work on other bubbas/

MAZ - congrats on six months with your Mateauz!
    Now, do you have disco balls swinging from teh rear vision mirror?????

ALIOOPS - wow. Sara nearly TT-d! that's great!

SUSE - had a bit of a splurge lately heh? LOL (but don't it make ya feeeel good - doo up, don't it make you feeeeel good? - channelling Bananarama there folks).

FALGUNI - was it you dreaming about longies hon? been there, done that! i dreamt of my dream custom longies MANY times LOL.

Bilby did a very many floaty things in teh bath tonight - DH (who was bathing her at the time) screamed out to me "I NEED YOU" - and handed a very wet bilby to me. First time this has happened to us. Poor dh. True love is . . . . . . catching many ycuky floaty things in teh bath water!!

We interviewed at a COMMUNITY child care centre today, they were SO positive when i mentioned we used cloth nappies, and even MORE positive when i showed them our PUL pockets. Such a nice reaction to get (from the Director). She even knew what a LIttle Squirt is!!!

WOTBB: dragonfly night nappy AI2
    bilby asleep by 7.45pm tonight - first night she hasn't screamed for an hour before going to sleep for last two weeks - my ears are still ringing!

As a result of the traumatic time we had in the PND clinic (what a waste of time that was), bilby is very clingy ATM. and as a result, i cannot leave her sight without screaming and crying happening. the room the computer is in is very cold PLUS it is not bilby safe, so i can't have her in there with me, so as a result - my computer time is down to "not much" - so i havne't been online much as a result - i miss you lot!!!!

i feel a bit chained to bilby - i understand WHY she is so clingy right now, but it is SO wearing (and really limits what i can do).

ROFL Mel!!! I can just see you say it too.... My only joy in life.... oh dear, and you don't have an addiction?

Gigi I just love seeing you here *mwa*

WOHB: BumG.. she hasn't gone to care this week so I have a massive amount of BumG's needing to be used before I wash.

Well omigod!!!
    Last night we had to go to DH's Parents for dinner.. we was dur home at 5.50pm and at 5.45... POOOOOOOO EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!! i am talking major... as in i swear DD poo'ed her own body weight! In a new cloth nappy too! (WHY!!!!!) a Mums Bum AIO

Of course taking it off and being a toddler wont stay still so rolled in it, got everywhere all over her clothes and so i put her on the floor nappyless and then she weed all over the floor!!!!!!!

DH walked in with poo from one end of the bathroom to the other and a cloth nappy on the floor covered (lol he hasnt come to terms with the poo thing in cloth yet) and almost vomitted lol!!!

But on a good note.... no leaks!!! HA! it contained the whole poo , i didnt even now she had done one until i took the nappy off (unfortunately my little squirt isnt hooked up yet so hand wash here i came! ewww).

hehehe@ your DH! I hate surprise poo's!
    I gave Isla yogurt & she hasn't had it for a while & as a result her poo is yuk. So she isn't asking for the poty, just doing it in her nappy. But its not smelly poo for some weird reason. So I took it off the other day with no wipes handy as I was about to plonk her into the bath anyway & I had to do this mad dash around the house holding the nappy on her while searching for wipes!

i know! i took Ashleys nappy off in the lounge on the rug and went holy moly!!! then of course they dont let you snap it back up so i had to cup the nappy on her bum to run to the bathroom!

SOOOOO much poo! arrrrr.

Well the sun is out today so i have started my prewashes of my BBB's yippee!

WOHB - Sposie... she is still asleep
    *bliss*

oh gigi - it is SO GOOD to hear from you babe!!!!

gigi- i agree great to hear from you. Sprry you hossy stay was crap. Poor little Bilby sounds traumatised. Hope things improve soon.

definatly good to see you back miss GIGI!!

yuko poo PP!!!

Gigi- hun great to hear from you!!!!

Well Annika is back in sposies over night, nothing i have can hold this kid

Oh Maz- well done and congrats for 6 mths yest

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast