Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #134

Maz - Where are those longies from?? I *heart* them very much!! And the other thing... I don't know... Nothing too exciting though, I promise you. *whistles again*

Melham - Yeah, I got an email from her, posted out today so fluffy mail early next week, fingers crossed!

Kaz - I got L, which fits us perfectly - and me alone too, it's SUCH an awesome coat, look great even when you're not baby wearing, I love it I tells ya! I am anything from 14 to 18 with our crazy sizing so let's split the diff & say L is a perfect 16. What sort of carrier are you going to use it with?

WOPB: Terry flat & fleecy cover (OMG, DP changed her before... would you believe he managed to put a snapping cover on... inside out?!! When I told him says "I did have alot of trouble putting it on" )

Think maz said she got them from darlings downunder.

Anyone want to sell/swap Large wool covers?

Spanks Ash. I'm not one for measuring - do we think medium longies are the same fit size wise as medium nappies?

QM - that is one gorgeous ticker pic you have there mate.. just had to say that!!!!

So I'm going to wash all my wool things tomorrow - in the washing machine on wool setting, in cold water, with wool wash - but uh.. how much wool wash do I add? And do I then need to lanolise it all after washing it? And then just put it on towels to dry or something cos it doesn't get hung up or out in the sun hey...

Is that right?

PP - what are you swapping for?

lol like you Mel.. dont have much to swap but i have a New magicall in medium... if i can swap for 1-2 large wool covers (depending on condition you know)???

i soaked my wools in the lanolised solution after wash and then hung in the shade

I didn't think you actually hung wool stuff up? just cos of the weight of the wool makes it stretch? (Not that I have any knowledge, just know that thats what happens with woolly jumpers - hey, I am from tassie after all.. lol)

I've got lots of covers now (didn't realise I had ordered so many!!) but not that many wool ones, sorry PP. Most of mine are PUL.

the BBh covers are very solid so i am not woried about hanging them but i wouldnt hang hand knitted ones
    Yes i have heaps of PUL too! lol

How many wool covers do you have PP? I have 1 that fits Jovie and 1 pair of longies & thats all I use...

oh... i have 1 large (on the way from BBH) and i have squished her into a medium for tonight (have 1 of those).

Do you think that will be enough?? great if yes i just assumed it is best to have 2 on hand... but i guess they dry very quickly dont they.

she just looks so bulked up with the booster + 2 inserts inside the BBB.... lol poor thing.. .is this normal?

Yep totally normal. I do think 2 is ideal, we just alternate the longie with the soaker. If one needs washing, I use the other for a few days if needed.

thanks Christy... how often do you need to wash the wool soaker?

Hhmm, I ordered medium, hopefully they fit when I get them off layby! $30 is cheep cheep for such gorgeous longies!! Also ordered a teething necklace, too cute not to!

Where'd you get the teething necklace Mab? DD?

Where do I get SM33 Mel?

Do you need more large covers Christy? You can have some of mine if you want...one of which is yours but don't ask me which!

I feel like going shopping...hmm...

Kaz - so sorry to hear of your FIL - I understand your DH feeling numb - I still feel that way about my dad and he went a little over a month ago. It really sucks.

The babywearing group I am a member of is about to do a group order of kindercoats - I think they get a better price. I can find out if you could join in on the order if you like. (or have you already ordered - I think I missed a page...)

Nelle - SM33 is ace - I just get it from the chemist. Calms Mr Perpetually Teething in no time. I've also just started the Hylands Homeopathic Teething Tablets as I think he's going to get addicted to lignocaine if I keep giving him SM33, dunno if they're doing much yet though. Chamomile tea is apparently supposed to soothe, as is a teaspoon of cloves soaked in water - how much water and how long for I don't know...

Maz - you've got a little terror there - too gorgeous for words but totally up to mischief.

Gigi - give yourself and the beautiful Bilbybot a hug and a kiss from me honey. Thinking of you right now.

QM: Happy Punky Day!!!

Off to bed...

WOHB: chamomile tea (used it to help with NR and now I just like the smell, so I'm still using it to wipe his bum), and boosted Cute Tooshies with a grandma knitted soaker.

Nelle I totally forgot!!!! Yes I'll take it! I'll PM you my details

WOHB: last nights nappy, she's still in bed

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    I've also just started the Hylands Homeopathic Teething Tablets as I think he's going to get addicted to lignocaine if I keep giving him SM33,
    thats a great point suse!! the more they have over time the more resistant they become to lignocane ,t is less effective in dental injections in the years to come!

Suse - I've ordered through Paulus. guessing that's who you're ordering through as well?

Queenmab - I have an elaroo ring sling (don't use that much though now) and also a Mei Tei (can't remember the type though, I got it off Paulus) that I wear on my back. Hey if you got the teething necklace through DD, which one did you get? I got the darker (cognac) ones, can't wait to put them on Pip.

I do prefer SM33 but having said that, I rarely put any gel on his gums. when I use it it when we're both at the end of our tethers!!! I find a damp washer thrown into the freezer the best thing for him to relieve pain.

WoHB - a (prolly very damp!) snoozywun.

Soon to be a hemp BB with BB PUL cover.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast