Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #136

Mel, I think I might just take you up on that, thanks hun Will PM you.

Just let me know what colour... green...blue... yellow... LOL.... I have a good colour collection here..

Ooooooh, I'd like to see the yellow

Consider it done.

Melham - no news yet ill check for you in the morning!!
    HOpe the house cleaning happens and that Andy Pandy PUL is sexy!

But seriously i would contact them to confirm the size cause that doesnt look right!

WOHM.... water.... in the bath

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by melham74 View Post
    I only have like 3 peopods left.
    i'm biting my tongue REALLY hard

I actually didn't mind my peapods, if I was realistic about them. I think you can get better nappies, it took aaaages for the smalls to fit Riv, but if they're well stuffed, for around the house I found them alright for the price. Although by all reports, the red ones aren't particularly colourfast.

Bought new jeans tonight...trying to embrace my new-found curvaceousnes...

Add Gigi on Facebook

Beautrix - if you would like to see some dedicated night nappies IRL, i'm happy to more you bilby's - if that would help you decide what you want.

Great thread on Nappycino about Heavy Wetter and another one of Night Nappy Sagas (which is what i presume, parents of heavy wetters go on, a saga to find the solution that works for their bub). You get to read what lots of other parents have tried, what worked, what didnt'. TUmmy sleeper is a common issue.

PINK - hope you enjoyed your trial gym visit

NONIE - there are other ways to pay online than credit card. You can also pay direct deposit or PAYPAL with many sellers. THat way, you avoid using a credit card (if that is your situation). But if your mum is generous to buy them FOR you, then, YOU LUCKY THING!!! (and forget what i said then!).

Don't worry, it takes time to collect a MCN stash, half of it is working out WHAT to get, WHAT suits, and sometimes you don't know what you don't know, until you are actually using it on your bub, and work out your likes and dislikes from the actual doing. I like the combination packages on some sites, so you get to try out the different styles (e./g AIO, fitted and cover, pocket) to help decide.

GUDISM - far out, your Grandma and TWO changes in a whole day! Poor Aricyn's butt!

scrubbing walls? hmmm!

FJ - was that the fluffy mail you were worried was lost? (I hope so, for your sake!!).

Queen - Royal AND oldskool? really! just too cool for ............................ skool!

Beautrix, at three months old, bilby wasn't getting pootainment in aio's or pul pockets, fitted + leg gusset covers is what got us through the early bits. I really wanted to use aio's!! I am a tad jealous when i read of people getting AIO's to work for their nb's, i must have had an Olympic standard pooer!

Suse - thanks, bilby was fine this morning - despite broken and not very much sleep -
    I love the "Tough guys wear pink" tshirt idea - LOL!! "Take that, Granny!"
    Bilby has really outgrown her wooden playpen, can't climb over it, but is bored IN it. (2metre by 2metre, although we had it set at 2m x 1m). so it was brilliant from crawling (11months) to now (19 months) - thought we'd get a bit more use out of it than 8 months, but it did make her safer.
    Great to hear the Wild CHild was a night success, is there photographic evidence (wiggles eyebrows)
    i am so itching for some photos people!

FJ - do you know where you're giving birth? If in hospital, do they provide flats? or will your dh be the nappy service? My dh REFUSED to be the nappy service when we had bilbs - his words "i wasn't expecting an emergency c-section" - what tha - well that was his reply when i asked.

i had a table in our lounge all set up with nb MCN (for our planned homebirth).

So bilby's first nappies were bambo nature nb size (enormous!) for the five days in hospy.
    Her PLANNED first nappy was a rainbow nb fitted with whizz kidz nb fleecy cover. Hmph.
    (can you tell i still have "isthoos" over this??)

PINK - whether you buy 1st or 2nd hand, you are entitled to expect goods as described. Speak up, but be very polite - i have been refunded that way.

where is FALGUNI?? we miss yooooooou!

alioops, which night nappies are you planning on?

Nelle, are the bumgenius3 bettter if you use bamboo inserts (e.g greenkids bamboo inserts) instead of the microfibre one it comes with?
    I'm wondering if you're comparing the two (greenkids and BG3) both with bamboo inserts or not.

GUDISM - you're down to 3 peapods, and you want to lend out a BG! (biting tongue in even MORE pieces).

Nelle - i wasn't commenting on the fact that the nappies are Peapods, rather that she's only got 3 dry nappies left. (the person who tells me she has plenty in her stash, but seems to be forever short of nappies, cos they're all drying when needed). i worry for Gudism! i feel panicked if i am running short of clean, dry MCN.

How is the piano playing going Nelle? I am imagining a jazzy version of sesame street coming from the windows of your home.

MAZ - glad the clots are smaller than expected, that's some good news hon.

WOTBB: whizz kidz nightz with gigi made bumjumper (that's longies made from an old jumper - instead of knitting it, you sew them from an old jumper).

gigi- its a date!!!! I am good most fridays!!! hehe the odlder two are at daycare

Gigi, I stuff both my BumG's and my GK's with a bamboo (or hemp) and microfibre combo. The GreenKids just 'feel' tougher, if that makes sense...the BumG's feel a bit less robust...

The Piano's going good, but slowly - I am humbling myself and going back to basics - I understand treble clef (right hand) because I used to play the flute, but bass clef I am clueless about. And I can play chords, but I want to learn to properly play a piece of music. So...it is sloooow going, but I am determined to learn properly.

And haha about the 3 dry peapods, the only reason I have clean nappies is because mum bought me sposies, to give me the opportunity to catch up on my washing.

Well, I might nick off to bed, I made Rans turn my electric blanket on before, mmmm...might go get warm and toasty and read a magazine.

PP....doesnt matter...FJ is taking them.

Posting tomorrow for you FJ...will pm you my details later oh postage is inc not extra.

WOHB...sposie no BBB dry

Nelle, do you have a learning to play book or something? Even working through the first couple of grades of theory books will help, especially with learning chords. Yell out if you want a hand

Sorry, completely non-nappy related

WOHB: BBB with fleecie, prolly very wet! But he's still in his cot yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

oh good news mel!! glad FJ could help you out!

Nelle I could help you with bass clef, but its a bit hard from QLD I have a bachelors degree in music. My instrument was double bass & I say was because when I moved to Australia I lost heaps of work & stopped being a professional musician and became a vet nurse! (can't keep me behind a desk...)

Gigi - I think you are confusing me with one of the other girls - I don't even own any peapods!!!!!

Janie - My DH is sending that BumG to you today, I included the two inserts too that it comes with - only microfibre though, but thats all I have used in it so far.... (still waiting on my extra booster to come - from ordering it two months ago!!!!)

WOHB: Was a Sandmans this morning (which contained the morning pee, he cried when put on the potty and we missed the timing of it anyways.. ) but at the moment he is at day care so its a sposie..

gigi - yes i know but we are broke lol.. just moved out (living on our own for the first time as sad as it is) so rent bills etc is all new to us.. plus the car just died so we now have a big car payment to throw in there.. she just bought them for us to be nice
    nelle - i agree on the pea pods for their price they arent that bad stuffed with a night booster and a fluffy cover over the top they will last a night for us which i think is pretty good! they just seem to leak out the sides for us and i think that is due to the inserts shrinking the more you wash them it will be interesting to see just how small they get haha..
    so ordered 3 more ittis yesterday.. got the trial pack so one sewn in one snap in and an extra snap in and an extra set of boosters very exciting.. only reason i got the trial pack with the sewn in is because it ment i could get more nappies for the amount of money my mum said i could spend haha i am sure it takes aaaaages to dry?? does anyone have one?
    WOHB - boosted pea pods with cover, probably soaked but we got up late and shes eating her breaky

Add Gigi on Facebook

gudism - sorry hon - how unlike me to get confused - NOT! well there is SOMEONE on here who always seem to be short of nappies (and i worry about her!)

nelle - treble clef is EGBDF every good boy deserves fruit right?
    bass clef is just two below that e.g gbdfa
    have fun - (insert green face)

christy - wow! electric double bass or the stand up one? cool!

noni-e - that is LOVELY of your mum, lucky you!
    the itti bitti inserts dry fine, esp the trifold one.
    how many kg is your little munchikin?

beautrix - fridays are good for me in the afternoon except for august 1st - i will be support person for my friend's labour - any excuse to cuddle M again! cluck cluck.

where is FALGUNI? you Vic gals, have you heard anything of her at your famous meetups? i hope she's ok.

new products i just noticed - the new tots bots product called Flexitots - looks like a Tots but it's an aplix closing AIO, - and a new version of the bumgenius - an organic inner one. No prices on them yet, just previewing.

ANyone got a good recommendation on nice soft flushable liners?

ANyone seen a website that sells LOTS of ecosposies and has the samples? I want to get a sample of Moltex, bambo nature, etc etc but from one website. You have to pay on credit card each time, and i don't want to do this on four sites (all for piddly little amounts).

WOTBB: purple minky pocket with the most gorgy rainbow babylegs, sitting pretty in the highchair, the angelic looking one who doesn't eat or sleep much! wish i could look angelic too! (but lack of sleep and food does different things to me).

Well i wont be short of nappies as of this week have just brought another 12, so will be right now, just have to get a couple of night nappies. Do you think if I brought a different brand of booster for my peapods they would work better, have tried double stuffing but is to bulky, I have about 5 peapods that I got when was first starting out. otherwise will have to use them for emergency.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast