Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Help for New Users!

Hi Ladies, im just after an opinion on Pea pods.

I looked at a medium and also at getting a night booster, are they any good?

Hi tan,
    I came rushing in b/c i decided it was my turn to do a but of contributing in here again, but alas i only have one peapod! Sorry!

I have only heard good things about them though..... but Nelle or one of the other chickies will pop in with their opinions soon.

Sorry i was pretty useless at that one! lol

Just an update, I used my peapod on Lachlan yesterday while out at a friends and it was great. He did a yucky poo and big wees and it kept it all in, no leaks. The lady at the shop did say that some people complain about them leaking but she thinks its cause they get the wrong size. Mine worked great so i will def get some more.

has anyone tried the Monkey Doodlez Fitted nappy? I have seen them on sale for $16

The Peapods and Monkey Doodlez I've had both have tended to size large. But I've not had many troubles with them (apart from having to wait longer than I thought for the kids to fit into them).

I've heard people complain about the red Peapods - perhaps it was a bad batch of red, or perhaps it's something to do with the redness...NO idea.

yep Runner mum, you can buy seconds of boosters, Ozebaby has GreenKids seconds at the moment I saw. You can use whatever absorbent material you want to boost! Some people use facewashers even!
    If you can sew in a straight line, or even better, if you have access to an overlocker, it can be cheaper to buy some bamboo material and sew your own boosters.

Kell- i found them ok, but only with an extra booster.

i forgot to ask, do they need a cover?

Not the ones i had. AIO's. Pretty sure all monket doodlez are AIO's.

Thanks Nelle and Ange!
    Ange - another qu, can I use any brand booster? or does it have to be a monkey doodlez booster? if I can use any brand, what ones do you recommend? and what material?

ah any brand will do Kellie - just along as it fits niocely is all that matters. Bamboo tend to be the most absorbent

thanks everyone!

now i'm confused again, i'm looking online and there is Green Kids Bamboo Insert - 10 Pack of seconds for $60 or Green Kids Bamboo Booster - 10 Pack of Seconds for $30. Which is better? is that a good price?
    Last edited by ~kellie~; October 27th, 2008 at 06:04 PM.

Wher eyou looking kellie? They sound like the same thing you have described?!
    Let me know where and i'll check it out.

awwhhh thanks Ange - they are on ozebaby in the green kids store

kellie - the boosters go inside the inserts to make it last longer. i use green kids for night time with the booster inside the inserts - in the pocket.

From ozebaby-
    Inserts: Made from 6 layers of super absorbent bamboo fleece, joined at the top to allow quick drying. The perfect absorbent insert for your Green Kids nappies!

Boosters: Smaller than the inserts, and made from 3 layers of super absorbent bamboo fleece. These can be added to the nappy when more absorbency is required, such as for long car trips.
    So the insert goes in the nappy and that is all some people will need. If you have a heavy wetter, or like Mel does and want to use them over night you can add a booster for more absorbency.
    Being only 3 layers of Bamboo, i wouldn;t use the booster in the nappy on its own.

Does that help?

so if I wanted to use these as boosters in other nappies, which one would you get? i was thinking about the monkey doodlez

The inserts are quite long - the boosters are shorter. I would probably go with the booster if it was me.

Definately the boosters. Too much bulk otherwise.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast