Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: * Herbal Remedies & Supplements for TTC

peggy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Punsandbay View Post
    Thanks Peggy! I did read that info on their website, but you can never be too sure these days bringing something in from OS. Did you only use one bottle of the Ovulex?
    Really want this to work!!!!
    hey darl,
    i used about half a bottle if that, i gave the rest to a mate who recently lost her left fallopian tube due to an undiagnosed ectopic, she will use it when she is ready to concieve again, ill let you know how she goes!

Ani22 Guest

Question Dong Quai Supplements

Hi everyone,

Just purchased Dong Quai herbal supplements that is suppose to be very beneficial for womens health, especially those that are trying to regulate their AF and assist in TTC. I'm wondering if anyone has used it and what was their conclusion, has anyone found it beneficial? I will start taking the tablets tomorrow so I will let you know about my progress with the herbal supplement.

Cheers

Ani22 TTC 3months

Chuffy Krumhorn Guest

Smile Thanks, Michelle!

Thanks so much for the reply!

I am really hoping my infertility is due to the breastfeeding.

I never would have thought it would be an issue especially recently, after almost three years (...and yes, it has been 1-3 times p/day comfort nursing for my little one also).
    I suppose since both you and your friend had fertility issues due, in part, to extended breastfeeding, it must not be as unusual as I'd thought...
    On the flip, I have actually heard more stories of women who were still breastfeeding (-EXCLUSIVELY-) their newborns and...
    BINGO!
    ---Pregnant even before they got their first post-partum period!

Then there are cases like ours.

I was happy to see the return of what appeared to be regular periods starting 9 months post partum.That is when I began trying...in hopes of attempting to narrow the age gap this time around.
    AF kept what appeared to be a good regular cycle from that day forward, but I suspect they have been anovulatory (or badly timed, "improperly" dispensed ovi -the odd time an egg would manage to eke itself out!) ever since then.

I actually used to daydream of getting pregnant while my current nursling continued to nurse, and I even thought about tandem nursing 'the two'...
    *I guess for those of us with such sensitive systems these things would be next to impossible!

Currently, I'm feeling really guilty weaning (he really misses the few nursies he'd been having) but I have set the big milestone of '35 yrs old' as my own personal cut-off for having any more children. I turned 33 in May, so...I really need to buckle down here.
    (And, I guess many would say a month short of 3 yrs of breastfeeding was a pretty decent run-)

I have not seen an herbalist or other professional re: my regimen. I did get all the usual bloodwork plus a few extra checks at my GP to make sure I had no health issues that might make these alternative therapies dangerous for me, then I did a bit of my own research and really listened to wise women like you, (-many of whom had consulted natropaths-) and have simply been following their/your lead.

If you have found the specialized treatment/advice helpful, I just might seek out a natropath myself. I live in a rural area outside Halifax NS, and though it is our Province's capital city (--and is a wonderful city, I might add...) there is not a huge population, and unfortunately, there may not be many around here (also, I do not drive!!!)

That is why this computer is so wonderful...love to be connected with other women from all over the world on similar journeys.

I wish you the best of luck! Lets really try to keep track of one another...

Your Canadian sister,

Shannon
    (A.K.A. Chuffy Krumhorn)

Hi Shannon,

Congratulations on breastfeeding so long. I think it's fantastic that you were able to continue to 3yrs. I had a few issues hence why I stopped at 20mths. Like you though, I had some friends who seem to sneeze and get pregnant breastfeeding. In retrospect for me was probably a waste of money going on the pill when I was younger but not to worry.

I had some romantic thoughts about breastfeeding too.....

I hope for you it is just due to breastfeeding. Yes, let us know how you go.

Mich

Shannon, Forgot to finish my romantic thoughts thread (the rest I left in my head)....romantic thoughts about breastfeeding two babies at the same time - or one toddler, one baby - I was fully prepared to go there if need be. But it wasn't to be...

Hope2006 Guest

HI everyone,

Just wanted to let yo know i have just started back on Vitex again! I used it before we conceived our little fella, just to regulate my hormones cos i had had two m'c's before that. It worked! Yay. So hoping it will now work again as we try for our next bubba. Good luck to us all on our journeys and may the vitex do its thing for us!
    Shazz xo.
    Last edited by Hope2006; June 26th, 2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling errors!

Someone mentioned Francesca Nash - I just wanted to say I LOVE Francesca Nash's book 'The Natural Way to Better Babies' If you are into natural health and herbal remedies, I would definitely recommend checking this book out at the book store. It is really easy to read and really informative.

I started taking vitex and B6 about 4 weeks ago on something like day 130 of my cycle...
    2 weeks later, I ovulated Wahoo!!!!
    Of course, this week, AF is here so back to square one.
    I don't know if the vitex and B6 made me O or if it was just coincidence. All I can say is I am not stopping that vitex *just in case*
    Here's hoping I will Ovulate again soon!!

Hi. I noticed a lot of mention of B6 but not the dosage. There are so many different dosages of B6 and I don't want to over take or undertake so what is th enormal dose anyone know?
    I saw a naturopath back in April last year and she recommended I take 2 blackmores vitex each morning and due to my chem pg rate and m/c to take it right thru to 12 wks. Well it didn't stop the next 2 m/c ..I stopepd takin git but I am now takin git again as it does take the edge of my PMS dragon traits lol.
    I also take 500mg natural Vitamin E.

thanks for such a great thread
    Judy

Hi Judy,

I take B6. If you take high doses it can cause you to get pins and needle type symptoms and then you should definitely cut back. I think it might be around 300mg's? someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I was taking around this amount and had to cut back as I was getting these symptoms. I would start low like 50mg and work up from there until you find the right dose for your symptoms. That's what I did. I take 100mg B6 + some in a multivitamin and this still helps. I take vitex too.

Good luck,

Mich

Does anyone know of any regulatory supplements I can take whilst breastfeeding? I have a 10 day cycle at the moment and it's running me into the ground, but I'm not willing to give up BF....

Wow Kim - 10 day cycles?! That would run anyone to the ground. I would def. recommend you go and ask a naturopath or your dr if there is something you can take while BF. Sorry I can't suggest anything.

Hi kim. Vitex is safe to take while b/f. I hope you can find an answer to ending the 10 day cycle and getting to longer cycles.
    Hugs
    Judy

Thanks Judy, I tried to look it up, but it said is was definatley not for BF mums....might find a good naturopath I think....

OK so know I've found reserach that suggests it's good for BF.....ugh who knows....

Kim I was breastfeeding at the time I saw the naturopath, she was from the jean Hailles Institute in Melbourne here for a conference and I told her my history including that Samuel was still b/f multiple times a day and she said to take the 2 blackmores as soon as I wake. It has to my knowledge had no effect on Samuel and had no effect on the breastfeeding. If you are uncertain though it is best to find a naturopath and ask. I know there are several onlines and Blackmores have a website with free advice
    I only stopped b/f a week before his 2nd birhtday. I had just got a BFP (Joey who was to m/c at 11w4d) and as we were down to just one middle of the night feed by then so I weaned him. I was hoping that by stopping b/f I might just gt past the chem pg stage.

Anyhow good luck and let us know what other info you turn up
    Judy

Thanks for the support judy. I went and saw one and she's given me a whole lot of herbs and included the vitx which she said was fine.
    Gee it tastes awful though lol.

Hi ladies (gents?) After reading this thread just after AF came i went out and got vitex, dong quai, black kosh, vit B and have noticed a huge difference in CM this month. Very obvious EWCM which i have never noticed in previous months TTC. Hope to have some success soon and will keep everyone posted. THanks to everyone's suggestions on what to try!

Hope2006 Guest

Has anyone ever taken vitex and then AF was late? I have been taking it for only a month now, and AF is 3 days late. I have read lots of reports of people saying it made their AF come early, but i'm just wondering what is happening to me... either Vitex is playing havoc with me, or maybe i am pregnant!! (yaay - i hope so - we have been TTC #2 for 9 months now. Have not tested yet). Any advice please girls?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast