Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: * Herbal Remedies & Supplements for TTC

Anna Banana Guest

Default Black Cohosh, Dong Quai and Fertility

I told an aquantance that my husband and I were trying to get pg. She told me that she conceived while taking Black Cohosh and Dong Quai. Doctors had told her she would never have a baby but two months later she was pregnant. She also told four other friends about this combo and all of them conceived as well.

I looked it up to see why these herbs would help with fertility. I've heard about Black Cohosh helping women with menopause. Turns out these herbs give the body the building blocks it needs to make female hormones. So it's just assisting your body to do what it does normally.

Well, It worked for me too after taking the herbs for just one month. I just took a home pregnancy test last night and there were definately TWO lines . I've had one m/c so I'm really nervous. I breasts have been sore on and off and I haven't had any m/s. I should be 5 weeks. Any words of encouragement are welcome.

Firstly Congratulations on seeing those two magic lines. Well done. I am sending you heaps of and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

I hadn't heard of this combo but I will definitely be going to get myself some of that. Can you just get this from the chemist or perhaps a health food place? I have just started taking Vitex and I also take a multi vitamin and folate. Does anyone know if it is ok to take all of these things together? Perhaps I should check with the chemist when I am in there.

From what I've read, the people who are really happy with Vitex are the ones with irregular or anovulatory cycles. It is probably worth a try if you are in that situation.

I took it because it was prescribed by my naturopath but I am still not sure why she decided I needed it. I was already ovulating and my cycles were fine ... 29 days or thereabouts. All it did in my case was interfere with ovulation and lengthen my cycle.

Just adding to the herbal rememdies thread.

Just combining with the herbal supplements thread.

Hiya...
    I just found this thread... Great!
    I am in my third month off BCP, which I took for 14 years with not a scare in sight....
    I vagely remember normal cycles prior to BCP, but ut was so long ago...
    Anyway, I am currenly Oing on CD22 and have a 10ish day LP, but with some spotting prior.
    Anyway, I was thinking about taking vitex to try and bring O forward, and to lenghten my LP, but I have also read that it can prevent O.. Hmm...
    Can anyone offer any advice? or should I see a Natropath and disucss?
    Thanks!!!

Sorry Ruf, I have noooooo idea... I'm so new to all this! But i have a question for the girls who know about herbs and vitamins etc...

I though i remembered my natropath saying something about a vitamin that increased CM? Anyone know what that might be?

Well I've decided to go see a naturopath myself and find out all about the herbs etc mentioned in this thread. My appt is next week so hopefully she will have some good advice on *natural* ways to help AF return and my cycle become more normal! Fingers crossed...

Hi all,

What supplements have people used to increase the quantity of EWCM? I have heard calcium helps! Any suggestions would be great.
    cheers
    lily

Talking Naturopath appt

Well today was my naturopath appt - and it was great

She was fantastic and very thorough - 1.25 hour long appt!

Basically I'm to cut out things like caffeine, preservatives etc. Also she told me that due to my metabolism I should eat 5 small meals a day rather than 3 larger ones. That will be a challenge to begin with so hopefully I can do it!
    I'm going to start taking Ultra muscleze (magnesium), premular and a *lovely* mixture of liquid herbs that is going to taste foul!

But I certainly came out from the consult feeling optimistic (though a little poorer...) , and I'm hoping that AF will return within 2 months!!

I should note that part of my treatment is focussed on reducing stress and also detoxing my liver, so not all directly fertility issues... but then it is all kinda related to each other!

Australian Bush Flower Essence - She Oak (8 drops under the tongue in the morning)

It didn't help me but I know it has helped others

Exclamation herbal tincture stop o and lower temps?

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone out there has been to a naturopath, been put on nasty tasting herbal mix (I know it contains Vitex amongst other things) and then the first cycle of taking it have their temps go all over the place (really high, really low) no apparent ovulation according to TCOYF software and post o (if it happened) low temps? Should I keep taking it? She is treating a LP progesterone deficiency diagnosed by low temps. My next appt with her is not for a week. I am on cd 19 and I usually have regular 28 day cycles, a 13 day LP and a pre-o temp dip despite having PCOS. And this cycle for the first time ever I think I had O pain.
    It is like the herbs have given me the PCOS symptoms I was blessedly free of!
    Any advice gratefully received!
    Cheers
    lily

This is a very interesting thread. I had been taking Vitex and Mega B which contains B6 in it around the time I fell pregnant. I was not taking them regularly, just when I remembered to but I'm wondering if this is what helped me conceive. It's one hell of a coincidence. I'd only been taking them for a few weeks. I stopped taking them when I first suspected I was pregnant and miscarried about a week or so later..... maybe I should have kept taking them.

Interestingly enough I was on the Vitex because my mother gave them to me to assist with PMT (I get moody) and the Mega B I was on as I'd heard that combined with another vitamin help stop cravings for sweet things (I'm trying to lose weight). I had no idea either of these vitamins were of any assistance with fertility.

I will be taking them religiously from now on.

Alex Guest

I started seeing a TCM practitioner for acupuncture 6 weeks ago. You'll see in my signature what's happening with TTC and AC. Anyway, I have been taking the following for the last 6 weeks:

Meta Zinc with Vitamin C
    China Med Fertility Support 1 & 2 (1 for 1st half of cycle, 2 for 2nd)
    I-Folic (folic acid and iodine - Blackmores)

My practitioner has prescribed the following to take in addition from now on:

Ultrabiotic 45 (for gut flora, apparently I don't have enough!)
    SB FlorActiv (same as above from what I can gather)
    CH77 (something to add to water as I have high levels of a heavy metal found in petrol). I live on a main road...

I also have hashimoto's hypothyroidism so am also taking thyroxine.

My FS wants us to start on the next ivf icsi using the antagonist protocol asap. However, my TCM prac. wants to wait for another 6 weeks to see if I am improving. TCM prac. told us to eat organic food if possible. So yesterday I bought up a load of veges and fruit. Hopefully this will make a difference.

Is anyone else taking the China Med stuff?

peggy Guest

ovulex is all natural herbs and is available over the inernet, it is a touch expensive but it worked in 2 weeks for me after trying to concieve for 22 months. i got 2 lines on good friday, so it was deffinatley a good friday for us!

congratulations peggy! thats wonderful

Mum2Furbabies Guest

Congratulatins Peggy!
    Interestingly Ovulex contains Dong Quai and Vitex Agnus Castus, which I notice people have been raving about in here anyway.

I am taking Evening Primrose Oil and Vitex (have just come off BCP after what feels like a million years and need to get things running normally again!) as well as Fish Oil (I made sure they are tested for mercury) and Folate+B12, and the Blackmores Preg/BF multivits. Plus I have DH on Multivits to keep zinc etc in order. I feel like I couldn't possibly pop any more pills but now I'm considering the Dong Quai & Black Cohosh as well...hmmmm...

Hi guys,

Actually my GP told me to go off EPO when I told her I was TTC.
    Does anyone else been told the same?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast