Thread: BF and conceiving...

Default BF and conceiving...

Just wondering... does BF affect ovulation and conceiving at all? AF has returned for the past 3 cycles and Oskar is now 14 months old... I noticed with the maybe baby that the ferning was a LOT lighter than when I conceived Oskar. Also the ferning appeared 4 days after last day of AF and lasted 4 days and since then there has been no ferning at all. Any input or light shed on this would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Cass, I am no expert on charting, but I know from experience that AF can be pretty irregular when she returns. I fell pg after 3 cycles post-partum while bfing, and I must have ovulated when AF would ordinarily have been due. The cycles were irregular and started after 7 months post-partum. Second time around they started at 6 months post-partum.

Cass - my cycles started 6 months post-partum and were regular from the commencement. I had signs of ovulation (mucous - I don't chart) and fell pregnant 10 months post-partum. I was still breastfeeding approximately 6 times per day and overnight too. Good luck.

Thanks... at least there's hope...lol. Since coming back AF has been spot on regular, not missing a beat as though she's always been there! Ovulating though I think seems to possibly be earlier though, that's the thing that I'm not sure of, if in fact I really O'd as maybe baby would suggest... although as I said the ferning which showed up was very light... hohummmm I guess I have to wait and for a BFP.