Thread: No Creamy CM - No Ovulation?

Red face No Creamy CM - No Ovulation?

I have been TTC since Feb this year and though I have not been temping, I have been tracking my fertility times through my CM. For the last 2 months I have noticed that I have not been getting any creamy CM or EWCM like I had previously. Mostly semi-fertile, or no CM, which is unsual for me.

Does this mean that I am not ovulating? Or does it just mean DH's swimmers will have a harder time getting to the egg?

If it does mean that I'm not ovulating, what can I do/eat/drink/take etc to start the ovulation cycle (or just the EWCM) back up again?

Any help/suggestions please

Pinklilly - just because you don't have or can't see any ewcm (egg white cervical mucus) doesnt mean that you are not ovulating or are not fertile. just means like some women, you dont get much.

I don't get much each cycle so its' hard for me to tell if i am ovulating or not sometimes. do you get "ovulation" pains at all? i get pains in my abdomen area very slight twinges and cramps but thats it and only lasts a day or 2 that helps me determine if i am "O'ing" also...

How often are you dtd? try every night or at least every 2 night between cd10 and cd20....

we have just started ttc #1 and we are dtd almost every single day. hoping that works.... as i am not 100% sure when i ovulate. or how long my cycle is for that matter...

good luck!

Hi

For those who don't seem to have much if any EWCM there are still other fertility signs to watch out for such as your vulva feeling fuller or slippery internally even if there is no external mucous.

If you can get your hands on a copy of The Billings Method it will help you a great deal.

I don't usually get ovulation pains, but I think I may have had them a couple of times now. How long do they usually last for? A couple of minutes, or hours or days?

The reason for this thread is because I used to get EWCM, but I haven't the last couple of months and I can't think of any reason why it would all of a sudden 'dry up'. I'm not stressed any more, but maybe doing more exercise, and I am on a diet (not a stupid 'I'm not going to eat anything diet', but Weight Watchers). Would that have an effect on CM?

Hi Pinklilly,
    I usually only get watery fertile cm, never ewcm - I have only ever had it ONCE and i havent seen it again.
    Some people take evening primrose oil to help increase cm, you could try that but stop taking it after O. I cant remember why you have to stop during the tww but i would assume it's not a good thing to take whilst pregnant.
    Good luck

Like MrsB26 said, i am the same, i usually only get "watery" stuff rather than the sticky egg white stuff (i think!)... mostly anyway... and that is still "fertile" cm too!

as for weight watchers, you are still eating normal foods so don't worry that won't affect it. well, it shouldnt.