Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Gender Swaying #5

Hi Kel,

First of all, big congrats on your girly news!!! Im so pleased you got your little pink bundle and I wish you all the best for the rest of your pg. You must be so excited. Geez, Im excited for you.

Thanks so much for sharing your news. You have given me hope that I can get a little girl of my very own, as am doing the exact same things as you, but its just taking a bit longer than I would like - hey its only my second cycle (BFN on Wed), but Im not a patient person.

Congrats once again.

Thanks guys.

Oh im very impatient too dont worry about that! Its hard to know when to stop DTD when you have a cut off.

Heres my chart, not sure if it helps any 196379 Ovulation Charts

But stick at it. I dont know if its just a fluke but someone else did the same a few months before me and they got their girl, so it gave me a positive that it can happen. Hope i have done the same for you. My sister also did the same after 2 boys and got my niece. i really do think its possible.

Best of luck guys and sending you

Well, tomorrow is the big day for testing. Sort of dont want to now cos a bfn might appear. But, then I do want to know too.... I have had REALLY sore bb's for a couple days. Like so sore that it is definately not just my imagination. Imagine the worst case of sunburn that you ever had... thats what my nipples feel like. But it is not sunburn, just in case you were wondering So... one more sleep.

Kellx. Congrats on your little pink bundle. Thanks so much for coming back and sharing. Will be keeping an eye out for you birth announcement in a few months. GL.

Unfortunately its a bfn for me. So I guess thats it for now. Putting my laptop in for a service next week and having a hugely hectic month, so I might be gone a couple of weeks. Will try not to focus on TTC so much, HA! Fat chance.

All the best girls, Hope you are well AJ and Miklaoz. And Diamond Girl, special hug for you. GL and lets hope we both have some good news next time we meet.

Default TTC girl

I dont know if anyone is still posting on here?

I would like to find out theories on TTC girl that are NOT the Shettles Method. I'm not a fan of the Shettles Method since your best chance of conceiving is on O day and the 2-3 day cut-off freaks me out. I think the theory is that women are naturally more alkaline on O day, and more acid 2-3 days prior. But I would think that you could definately sway that with foods, supplements, etc. I have started taking a calcium and magnesium supplement and drinking lots of milk. Any other ideas? Anyone heard about cranberry tablets?

I am also thinking that BDing 12-24 hours before ovulation, with shallow penetration and no orgasm might assist female sperm? It still takes the egg about 12 hours to meet up with the sperm and in an acidic environment, there might be more female sperm left than male?

Any thoughts?

Hey, have you hear of the o+12 method?

Thanks Tanya, yeah I have heard of it. I think it said you have to hold off BDing for 7 days and BD once 12 hours after O. That sounds too risky to me, I get the feeling that the more BDing, the more chances of a baby!

Hi Jodsan,

I am not really able to help you in the girls department. I was aiming for a boy, but i have girls and i believe it has alot to do with your acid levels.

For my now pregnancy ( i am 12 weeks) I alkalined my system (aiming for a boy).. There is a few links on these threads that will help you aim towards a girl. Have a read through those and even test your DH to make sure he is not too alkaline.

Please let us know how you go i would love to hear your experiences

Ooh last min thought- Check with Kellxx she has just BFP a girl and did lots of things to help her. xx

Thanks Miklaoz,

Congratulations on your pregnancy, hope its a boy!

Been reading a bit about it, interestingly, things like wine and coffee are supposed to be forbidden on the girl diet but from my extensive googling, it shows that they are highly acidic foods (which is good bc I'm a little bit partial!). So many mixed messages with the different methods. I am taking calcium and magnesium and drinking milk, just going to BD as much as we can and hope for the best I think.

Hey big news! Im finally CD1. yay. Great to know whats going on finally. Only problem nows is that DH is gone as of CD11. Not a good thing when you are aiming for a boy!!!!! But we will still go for it before he leaves. Hopefully the supplements and alkalinising will do the trick??? And maybe the girly ones wont get through and the boy ones manage to live a bit longer.... who knows.

Miklaoz and AJ, Hope you are happy and healthy and getting gorgeous round bellies.

DG, lets get on with it. I think we should aim to be belly buddies, well at least in this thread, if not in the due dates thread.

Jodsan. I think lots and lots of BDing favours a girl, and doing it a bit sparingly favours a boy, so get busy and GL!!!

Welcome Jodsan. GL with your TTC journey. I hope your stay is short and that you get the little girl you want. I am also TTC a girl and I am taking supplements and also a 2 day cut-off. I know exactly what you mean about it limiting your chance of pg, I am on cycle 3 and getting a bit impatient with the whole thing!

Myson, Im so pleased that you finally got AF, though not nearly so pleased as I would have been had you got a BFP. Its good when you get a fresh start. I actually prefer this part of the cycle because the TWW is a killer. As for belly buddies, hey that would be fantastic. Hopefully this is our month. The funny thing is that if I got pg this month, my due date would be 5 december and that is just a few days after my DS birthday, so there would be a good chance of them sharing their birthdays!

myson I'm so happy that you finally have AF after such a long wait and all the uncertainy, hopefully this is your month.

Josan I also was trying for a girl, I did the 2 day cut off, but my body had other plans the month I got pg and only got 1 day cut off. I was loosly doing the diet, I was taking the calcium/magnesium tablets and DH was taking cranberry tablets to make his sperm more acidic.

DG good luck for this month as well.

mikloaz yay for making it to 12 weeks, how's the m/s coming?

As for me my m/s has been really bad, and I've had really bad skin breakouts on my face, it's shocking, I had my 8 week appointment last week and all is going well.

hugs xoxo

Sym Guest

Default Trying for a girl and a bit confused!

Hi everyone.

I have 2 sons and really want a girl this time round, all my brothers and sisters are blessed with at least one of each so I'm hoping it will be my turn soon..

I hope this won't get too confusing..

I noticed Kellxx is pg with a girl and I have had a look at her chart. My question is: once you get the positive OPK, you usually ovulate witin 24 hours? So trying for a girl you would need to have BD the day of the positive OPK or two days before it? Does that make sense?

From reading about trying for a girl using the shettles method i gathered you need to have a cut off of 2 days prior to ovulation, not 2 days prior to a positive OPK? (because that would mean you still haven't ovulated and the little won't live that long). ??

I BD 5 days prior to a positive OPK this cycle so I'm gathering my chances are basically nil this month. Unless the little girlies can live that long I don't know..

Sym.. the book i have says to start with a cut off 5 days before O. Its hard to know when you will O after getting a + OPK, so i just went off the + being O.. but also how long your LH surge has been around prior to testing. If you dont fall pregnant that month then next month you step down a day to 4 days before O, then 3, then 2. Reason i started at 2 days before O was prior to me getting my Rubella Booster i had tried the 5, 4 & 3 days before O. I was really cutting it fine though as we DTD in the evening on CD 12 and i actually got EW and a +OPK in the morning of CD 14.. so technically it was less than 48 hours between cut off and +. If i was to do it over (if i didnt get a girl this time), id honestly be aiming at more like 3 days rather than the 2 as you really dont know what time of day you will get that + OPK.
    You still definately have a chance as female sperm live up to 5 days, male sperm up to 3 days.
    Best of luck TTC your little girl.

Sym Guest

Thanks Kellxx.. I hope I'm still in for a chance but like you said if it doesn't happen this month I know for next month to cut off at 4 days before O. Did you take any of the supplements or change your diet? I must say that I did a vinegar/water douche after BD (TMI i know) but I heard it's supposed to freeze the male sperm tails - strange things I find myself doing.

It's nice to hear that this method has worked for someone, my sister reckons I will know if I'm pg with a girl cos I will get morning sickness which I never got with both my boys. Not looking forward to that.

I get so excited when I see all the cute little girls clothes in the stores, I can't wait!

Congratulations on getting a girl and thanks again.

Nah i didnt do any diets or suppliments or douches etc. Just focused on the timing and sperm count.

Oh dont worry too much.. i havent had any morning sickness with either DS or this one, so i think that really depends on the person.
    But yeh this method worked for my sister also.. its her book i got it from. She had 2 boys, used this method (no diets or anything) and her 3rd was a girl.

Best of luck, there still is hope! Am looking forward to your pregnancy announcement!

Hi ladies,

I'm currently CD8, I should O on CD15. I'm very nervous about it but DH and I have decided to try a 3 day cut-off, so AM on CD12 will be it, then it shouldn't matter what time I O on CD15.

Does anybody know how long it takes for conception after O? Reason is, I am still considering trying the O+12 method on top. I figure that if there are sperm alive from three days out, they should get to the egg within 12 hours of O. If for some reason they fail, then 12 hours after we would still be in with a shot this month?

Sym - I definately think you are still in with a chance, I have heard of people getting pregnant from BD 7 days before O. Good luck, sending you lots of

Hi Ladies,

Long time no type. I feel for you AmandaJ.

I am now over my MS , sooo glad too. (13weeks)
    I had my NT scan last week. All is good and i could see my little one wriggling round in my belly stretching and waving arms about. I did not think they moved that much in the early days. Now i cannot wait to feel movement.

I am hoping someone will join us 3 on the baby band wagon soon...

Quck question for anyone who can help..

I have a pain in the left side of my butt, maybe even closer to my lower hip area. It is like a cramp and comes and goes. is this Sciatica ??? If so how can i get rid of it , it is soo uncomfortable..

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast