Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Gender Swaying #5

Hi Ladies,

How are we all? I am pleased to see your all well.

Myson, your bloody ovulation chart confuses me so much i just look at it like it is in another language, I am sorry to hear you cannot tell if oyu Ovulationg and that the OPK are not working for you too. Have you seen a GP? maybe they can guide you or something.. I am dying to see a BFP on your sig.

I am now 16 weeks and finally got myself a baby belly. I am just booked my next Ulta Sound and as tempting as it would be i will be waiting till Sept to find out.

I love surprises and i am really not too worried.

I am off to make something yummy for dinner so will check in soon
    xxx
    Mwah to your all

Ooh bewofre i go.. can i ask you ladies wqhat kind of car or SUV you have for 3 children in car seats? I think i will need to upgrade.... It is hard to know what car suits capsual, car seat and booster.... Any opinions would be greatly appreciated..

Tanya, Can i post this here? If not delete this part of my post thank you

Sym Guest

Hi Girls,

I was hoping you might have a look at my chart and see if I may have stuffed up the timing of BD for a girl.. I originally decided on a 3 day cut off but my OPK's kept coming back neg so I decided to BD in the very early hours of CD13 - OPK was neg that day, now today CD14 I had a huge temp rise (not sure if it has to do with me being sick) and the OPK is positive!!!

So which do you think I should go by? temp rise or OPK?

Sym, I would say you are going to O today so the cut off should be ok. Have you had any cramping pains?

Mik, it sounds like everything is going really well. Isn't it the best when you start getting the tummy! That's great that you are being patient to find out the sex (you're much stronger than I am). Can't help you with the car one I'm afraid, I've a got a little Peugeot that probably has to go into retirement when I have the next one. I would start a thread on the main page, your sure to get some good suggestions.

Myson, what a pain for you that O is being so evasive, especially when you are trying for a boy! I am starting to think you may have O'd on day 20, but not with any real certainty. If you did then AF should arrive in another week. I agree with Mik, maybe talk to a GP about it to see if there are any pointers. Maybe even try starting a thread on the main page to see if anyone has any good suggestions on O detection.

Sym Guest

Thanks Jodsan, I was hoping someone would tell me that.

I took my temp an hour after I usually would and like I said I'm not feeling well, I have a terrible headache and I was so close to throwing up this morning it wasn't funny.. yuck!

The last negative OPK was yesterday about 5.30pm and then this mornings positive one was taken at 10am, so lets hope I do ovulate later today.. I can be happy about that. I also still have EWCM and I thought that dried up not long after a temp rise, so fingers crossed I caught/catch the egg.

Miklaoz, I drive a Holden Commodore and I have a booster and a capsule (facing forward) and I think there's enough room to add a baby capsule.. It would be a very full back seat but I think it would work.

Sym I think your cut off looks good, hope it worked for you!

Jodsan, thanks for keeping an eye on my chart. I think maybe it could have been day 20 but still not sure. If it was then there is no way I am UTD cos DH was not here. BUT if by some miracle it was actually day 14 then that would make me 14DPO tomorrow and the swimmers would still have been lurking back then..... and suddenly the little tests are calling out to me from the bedside draw... "yoohhoo, I'm in here...come and pee on me.." So of course by tomorrow morning I will probably pee on the little bu##ers just to shut them up!!!

Hey Mik. My cousin has three littlies in the back of a navara dual cab. and that must be a car with the smallest back seat ive even seen. But she fits a capsule and two car seats. She puts the 3 yr old in the middle cos she is able to climb out over the other seats once she is unclipped, and she knows how to pop dummies back in for the other two. very handy! SO jealous of your little bump!! I cant wait to feel that again, and when you feel them start to move... ooohhh so cool! thats the best bit of being UTD i think.

Well its been 17 days since we last dtd. ff hasnt given me lines and im at cd28. I tested anyway and its another bfn. off to stick my head in a huge bucket of coffee and drink myself to the bottom.
    Last edited by myson; April 9th, 2008 at 12:37 AM.

Day 32 and no red FF lines, no af and no bfp, I am in MENSTRUAL LIMBO, and I do not like it one bit!!!!

DH home on Sunday night... maybe there is a little egg in there just waiting for him to come home again?

Hey Myson, Its quite the mystery isn't it. Looking at your chart today, I still think you may have O'd on day 20. Do you have any PMS symptoms? How long is DH home for?

Sym - How's you TWW going? Did you work out for sure when you O'd? How long did your cut-off end up being?

Me - Pretty sure I O'd yesterday. After heaps of research, we didn't do a shettles cut-off, we did BD every day for a few days to lower sperm count but last was PM on night before O so probably a 12-24 hr cut-off. The cranberry supplements have worked wonders to make CM more cloudy/creamy (sorry TMI), so that means I am more acidic and I thought that should dispense of the need for a cut off. I actually dropped the whole girl diet this month bc the dairy was making me too bloated, but I honestly think the Cranberry supplements are enough. I took a dose of 20,000mg per day for a few days before O. Now I know they made me more acidic straight away bc they upset my stomach ulcers and made me nauseous (one of the reasons I did not want to stay on the girl diet). Also, I O'd on a girl planet (Jonas method) and 3 days into a new moon (moon theory), so all in all, pretty good girl attempt according to a mix of methods. Overall, just hoping that BD closer to O brings results this month, 6th cycle for me!

Wow Myson, i am so dissapointed for you. I wish it was easier for you. I think you just need to go with the punches and DTD everyday!.

Or , maybe you could go see your Gp, he might be able to advise you of your next step. A friend of a friend went to one a few years ago and they helped her. I cannot rememeber where but the GP advised her to see some Clinic, i will try and find out.

Everyone seems good from reading posts,

I am 17 weeks, feeling the tiny movements down below and getting asked a million and one time, "Are you going to find out what it is" Whe i say "No", they say'Yes you will, you have too...

"Ahhh no i don't....". I am keen to find out, but both DH and i are so fine to wait, we both love the suprise.

Is anyone else close to finding out? Will you find out?

Baby kisses for all your Mum's trying out there.

xx

Hi Ladies..im back!!!

Quick Question:

Ive read that if the woman orgasms it can increase the likelyhood of a boy....but my question is....does this mean orgasm before/during/after DTD (ie foreplay, during the act, or after the deed is done)!?

TIA

Hi Kimbaz, O at all of those times I'm afraid. The reason O is supposed to be helpful for TTC boy is bc it creates a more alkaline environment. So they say no O for TTC a girl, to try to keep the environment more acidic. Can't say I've stuck to that rule though, DH just wouldn't let it happen, so I'm relying on the cranberry to make me acidic enough

Hi Mik, Wow, bubs is moving! Isn't that just the best feeling, I really liked that I could really start to get a feel for what bubs was up to. You go girl, stick to your guns! Sounds like you are going to get nagged to death though!

Kimbaz. - Diddo to what Jodsan said. re the O.

Jodsan: Your right! But i just brush it off lightly now, i am sure with my hormones i will blast someone soon

Jodsan. I think maybe day 20 too. I am getting sharp stabbing pains so waiting for a temp crash and af tomorrow or the next day i reckon. I hope. but dh home sunday and only for 5 days so .... hmmm... going to spike his dinner with something to get him sacked at the next random drug screen then he will be home all the time and we can dtd at the right time!!!! or am i being a bit extreme???? You sound like you've ticked as many 'ttc a girl' boxes as you can (with a sparkley pink gel pen) Hope its your turn!!!!

Mik. wow to the bub moving, that is so beautiful. i am glad you are so sure of what you want, re: finding out. I want to know this time, i never knew with the other two but i want more time to plan ahead for this bub. we are building a new house so i want to decorate the nursery (hopefully in blue!) But good on you for sticking to your guns.

Kimbaz having an orgasm just before him is best. but go for more if you can... the challenge for some is to keep the spontaneity going while ttc, GL.

Myson - I have to say your charts are so hard to predict. Have you done another POAS (last was 6 days ago yeah?)? If you did O day 16, there was still time to catch the egg and day 28 may have been too early to show up (only 12 dpo). Day 16 is still a possibility bc you CP was high for 2 days in a row???

I'm assuming DH works in the mines? Must be really hard with him gone for so long. My Dh was looking into it, not sure how I'd cope, I love having dinner together as a family every night. You must be a really strong girl and have a great relationship to make it work so well. Must be a bit of a pain for the whole TTC thing though (esp with your naughty cycle ).

Thanks for your interest Jodsan. It has been tough but we are managing ok. DH gets long service leave in June, so that is keeping me sane at the moment. Counting down to the day when I get him all to myself for 3 whole months! My chart is pretty crazy, but I also had my flu-vax on Tuesday so that may account for todays weird rise. Unless you are right about day 16 and its going triphasic!!! Dont worry.. that thought had crossed my mind too. I was thinking I might do one more test on Sunday morning before DH is home and if thats neg, then I would most definately be out for this cycle. Then its a waiting game again after he leaves (if no AF shows up) Its like a never ending merry-go-round....

Hope all is well with you, and your precious bundle is already floating along and looking for a cosy spot to rest. Nightey nite.

ok. so still no AF.... AND I was laying on the couch last night and I can smell dust in the couch, then i get in the shower and it smells sort of damp in the shower then i open the freezer and i can smell bait, which has been in there for three weeks (never smelt it before!) My house is pretty clean, not surgically sterile by any means, but i havent smelt all these things before. Especially all within a half hour period. hhhhhmmmmmmm! Did I ov on day 16 and the last test was too early?

Im almost hoping that the answer to that is no, cos that gives me a 5 day cut off.... is that awful of me?

Myson, NO, it's not awful, its just that it would throw out your plans. But apparently the New Zealand study showed that more boys were conceived 5 days before ovulation than girls (the info is on the O+12 website). Do the test I say!

But i thought the boy ones only average 3 day life span????? interesting...ok i will have a look... and test tomorow with fmu. Tanks for dat!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast