Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Gender Swaying #5

Hey Sym. Your cross hairs look right to me. But I am no Expert! All that HCG flooding thru your body... could means TWINS!!!! Any twins in your family... if two bubs is too many for you Ill have one. putting my order in for a blue one thanks.

But seriously, good strong line would mean higher levels I guess, which is a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by myson View Post
    Hi Mik. wow. 18 weeks. Time really is flying by. Will you be having another scan soon? I Love those little black and white pics you get to take home with you. I photcopied mine (better ink, doesnt fade) and got them laminated. Showed them to everyone who would look, the first one looks like a jellybean and the second one looks like a jellyfish. And i dont even like jelly!
    Ooo you just reminded me i have red jelly in the fidge, off to grab some now . yummo.

I will get my second scan at 20 weeks, very excited, booked into my hospital today. Wow befre you know it the baby will be here!!!!.

That is a brilliant idea about photocopying......

Now have to get my jelly i am starving!

Ok I suppose of all the available jellies, red is the best...

Guess what ! Looks like af is here. Just started spotting now... so i think DAY 1 tomorrow. Actually happy about it cos it means starting again. And this cycle was 40 days but the one before was 69 days, so hopefully my body is getting its act together after 6 years of contraception... yay for af (for now)

Found this quote online, hoping it also applies after contraception use ...gives me hope.. Last lp was maybe 9 days and this one maybe 10 days... still all very uncertain but hoping for increased understanding ( and a longer lp) by next cycle.

...."I have observed that it is not unusual for the luteal phase to be short in the first few cycles of returning fertility following or during breastfeeding. I usually see it stabilize into normal ranges by the third cycle. "....
    Last edited by myson; April 16th, 2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: quote

Hi girls,

Just wondering if any of you can recommend a good book about influencing the gender of your baby?

I'm not going to start TTC#2 for about 6 months but I'm keen to read up on it all now.

I have a perfect little princess and I'd be more than thrilled to have 2 princesses but hey, i figure there's no harm in trying a few things to see if it increases my chances of ending up with a pidgeon pair

Hi Charlismumma, welcome and i hope it works for you. I havent bought any books but i have spent hours googling. There are many different methods so maybe figure out which you would suit most and have the most faith in and then look for a book or further info after that. try "gender selection" .... GL.

Sym, you probably ovulated a couple of days early. Did you end up doing the lunar calculation at Lunarium? If you are BDing a lot around your lunar time it can cause spontaneous ovulation. But apparently the hormones still go through the normal cycle, hence positive OPK and you may or may not release a second egg (so could be twins that would measure at different dates!). Would be worth checking when your lunar O was supposed to be. Did you feel any O pains earlier than you expected to? That's what happened to me last month, I O'd on my lunar time, that's why I was worried I hadn't O'd at O time (had no pains) and then my period ended up 5 days early which confirmed that the pain I felt at lunar time must have been O.

Charlismumma - if you read back through all of the gender swaying threads, you'll probably find just about all the info you need for TTC boy. Good luck, hope when you start TTC you dont have to wait to long!

Myson - Yey about AF (kinda!?!). Do you always have only a 9 day luteal phase?

Mik - So glad it is all going well for you, I reckon its really exciting when you are showing so much that you cant fit into your pants! Pg is the best feeling in the world! Keep us informed.

Me - Well 9dpo - really thinking about testing tomorrow. I'm not having any PMS symptoms (I've had really bad PMS last few months since mc), they usually start at 7dpo, so hopeful. Have had a tiny bit of cramping, feels kinda like O pains. Have a bit of a warm fuzzy feeling too. Lots of dreams too. We'll see.

Sounds exciting Jodsan. Could be your month.

I have had a 9 LP last one and a 10LP this one. Previous to that I didnt even know what LP was!!!!! I dont think LP had been invented last time i was ttc ... neither had the internet...

thinking of taking a bit extra B6. (there is only 750 ug in my vitamins) to help lengthen my LP a bit more... What do you think Doctor Jods?

ps. DH not impressed with the timing of AF

Myson - Yeah, they all say B6 to lenghten LP. Another thing I recall reading is that Clomid also lengthens LP. I think the reason is that it stimulates more follicles so more progesterone is released and therefore, LP is longer. But there is always the risk of hyperovulation. You really do need to see that Dr, you need to get the cycles in line! At least it is getting shorter though.

Sym Guest

Jodsan,
    I did do the Lunarium calculator and it gave me the 31st March, I had EWCM at that time and we did a bit of BDing, the only thing was that the OPK was negative.. It also said we would conceive a girl this cycle - which is really exciting to me!!

I suppose I will just have to wait and see what the Doc says on Monday morning. It's weird though because when I was Pg with both my boys I usually had sore boobs by this stage but nothing yet.

I had twin uncles on my dads side, my brother has twin daughters and my partner has triplets on his dads side (unidentical).. So yes Myson if I get twins you can have the boy (if there is one) As long as I get the girl I'm all good!

So funny you should all mention about twins, because when I first told my 4 year old that we are going to have a baby his response was "Ohhh you can have two little girls in there and they will have to squeeze out of the little hole like chickens" Where he comes up with this stuff just amazes me!!

PMSL sym. How funny your boy is!!!!! Seriously though... GL, and keep well and Ive always wanted a fat, fair skinned, blue eyed, bald little boy... hope thats not asking too much ok???

Hi everyone,
    Sorry I have been MIA, but the M/s has been horrendus (sp?). Im on Maxalon now, which seems to be helping. So I just wanted to say hi, and I hope you all get your pink or blue bundles that you so want.

Congrats Sym on your news. Go team pink!!

Myson - sorry about your short LP, hopefully it will be all fixed this cycle.

Jodsan - I hope you are UTD this cycle, sounding very promising.

CharliesM - Hi, I hope everything works out for you

Mikaloz - I hope your pg is going well.

Sym - I think you must have O'd at lunar time, sounds right as far as when you got your positive test. You usually inherit the twin gene from your mother's side however, you can inherit it from your father if it was his mother that had the twins? It would then be in his genes and although he wouldn't create twins himself, he can pass it down to his daughter. The twin gene is not actually a twin gene, rather a hyperovulation gene, so only girls can create twins from it. So your brothers twins must have either been created from his wife having the hyperovulation gene, or her being older when having a baby (we tend to hyperovulate as we get older) or through her taking clomid which also causes hyperovulation or her Oing twice in one cycle (ie: lunar time too). I've looked it up bc my brother was a twin (the other didn't survive) and my grandmother was a twin (again, the other didn't survive) so my mother and gm are definately hyperovulators.

DG - so good to hear from you, sorry the ms has been so bad, how many weeks are you? Oh can see you are 7.5, only 4 or so more weeks of it, then it should get better.

AFM - had the faintest, faintest, faintest line on the HPT this morning, think its positive but will know more over the next couple of days.
    Last edited by Jodsan; April 18th, 2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Edit, me being dumb

Oh Jodsan!!!!!!! stickyvibes matey... I am crossing fingers toes eyes and elbows for you. When is the next poas?

DG great to hear from you. Glad you've been unwell, but for all the good reasons Started the B6, so fingers crossed for a longer LP for me. Thanks.

PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!!! I WANT TO HYPEROVULATE TOO!!!!!! IM OLD, ILL DO IT!!!!!

Sym Guest

Diamond Girl, Thanks. I worked out that I'm 4 weeks pregnant from LMP so I have a long way to go. I hope I don't end up with morning sickness, my sister had it from start to finish (including labour) when she was pregnant with her daughter! It's prbably the thing that freaks me out most. (ms that is)

Jodsan, How exciting!! I was getting the faintest of lines on Internet Cheapies so I went and got myself some First Response sticks and that's the one that came up positive straight away at 8Dpo.. I even done another one this morning just for the fun of it - Positive of course. AF would have been due yesterday so I wanted to see what the line looked like on the test today. Nice and dark!

Also, for the fun of it I dangled my ring on a string over my stomach and it started to make circles!! When I was pregnant with my last son it just swung from side to side. I know it's just an old wives tale but it amuses me!

Myson, you crack me up!!

Sym - Yeah, I intend to keep testing for a week or so to ensure the line gets darker, bit nervous after the mc in Jan. Good to hear that the line is nice and dark! I haven't seen First Response in any of the chemists I've been to, I might try a different chemist this arvo and see if I can get one to try in the morning. Everyone says they are the best.

Myson - I've got 3 Crystal Clear tests left, so I thought I'd just test everyday and if its dark enough by Monday I'll call the doctor. Oh, you want twins, are you crazy! I'm really not sure about the twins idea, really scares me actually with the family history. Can you imagine the extra work! I bet they'd wake up at different times too, it'd be continous feeding in an almost hypnotic state. But, maybe with two baby bonuses you could afford a nanny for the first coupe of months

Very lucky me has "young for their age" parents, living right next door (well, a couple of km's away actually, but still neighbours) they are very clucky, like me, but they have no idea that we are even ttc. They are not expecting any more grandkids, and they dont have any grandsons, so if i manage to pull this off I will probably have them bashing down the door, wanting to babysit. They already show up and abduct my two DD's at regular intervals.

Going to have to think of a very cool, very memorable way to break the news when/if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by myson View Post
    Very lucky me has "young for their age" parents, living right next door (well, a couple of km's away actually, but still neighbours) they are very clucky, like me, but they have no idea that we are even ttc. They are not expecting any more grandkids, and they dont have any grandsons, so if i manage to pull this off I will probably have them bashing down the door, wanting to babysit. They already show up and abduct my two DD's at regular intervals.

Going to have to think of a very cool, very memorable way to break the news when/if it happens.

Just post them your BFP urine stick in the mail and tell them it is from yur neighbour

Or you could just wear it as a badge over for a coffee one day...

I am so excited for you and yur shorter cycle.. I thik your time is getting closer and we may find this a VERY busy year with babies on here.

DG: I know the MS sucks big time, but think of it this way, if your sick it is a good thing and says all is going well (says she who is over it..) But you know i still heave a few times if i don't get food right when i want it.

Nightie night chickens this fat hen is off to bed (ok i am whining as i had to buy bigger pants this week, i am a skinny hen with a large egg in the belly )

Hi everyone,

Congratualtions Sym on you BFP, that is such good news, hoping you get your pink bundle.

Jodsan, I'm crossing my fingers for you hopefully the stick will continue to get darker.

DG, Sorry to hear about the morning sickness, I was lucky with the 2 boys didn't really have any, am hoping that it isn't different if I do get a girl. Do you mind me asking what your cut off was with timing for O, or did you more focus on your diet?

Myson, Good luck for this cycle, like you I didn't even know what a Luteal Phase was still I started trying for a girl. Since I have started charting I have noticed that my lp is only about 10 days, should I be taking Vit B to try and lengthen it, or will that mess up the other vitamins that I am taking to try and make myself more acidic. I don't know it is all too much sometimes.

Well I have just started a new cycle, last one was about 25 days again (too short) FF decided it couldn't detect ovulation after going between day 15 and 17 for a week. I think it was day 15. I have bought some OPK's so will use those this cycle because next cycle we will be trying YAY!!!!.

Anyway I am at home feeling sorry for myself as I had my wisdom tooth removed yesterday.

Good luck to anyone else who is trying.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast