Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TTC soon, How do I prepare myself for conception?

hi puppies,

I'm sure some meds would affect male fertility but I think things are much more relaxed for men taking meds during TTC than for women. My DH was told taking Nexium was fine during TTC and its a Category B2.

Once again I think if your DH is taking meds then best to check with your GP and make sure his fertility won't be affected. Remember too that the drugs themselves and the effects of the drugs can take a while to wear off. Sperm take 70 days to mature. So if the sperm are affected by meds it could take at least 70 days for fertility to return to normal after meds are stopped.

HTH

catrionalee, I know where your at right now and I think its the toughest wait of all waiting for your partner to come around. I honestly thought it would never happen, I thought he would never change his mind, but I wasn't going to give up without trying everything I could. But I had to learn to not bug him about it all the time. Instead I quietly started to find solutions for all his concerns, and it certainly helped that all his friends who are much younger were having babies and they started to push him as well. There is NO WAY I could wait 3 years either!, I don't even want to wait another month. But now that I know he is happy to begin the preparation for TTC, I am feeling so much better, now I just cant wait and the thought of it makes me the happiest I think I have ever been EVER!
    Good luck, and hang in there, vent with us here so you dont feel tempted to go home and bug him about it cause it will only slow the process down.
    Thanks for the baby dust! I am sending you bucket fulls of the stuff right now!....

SaraJane,
    Yeah, I have a very sensitive tummy, so i have never taken nurofen. I think the worst thing I have taken for pain is Panadine (which is probably the same as nurofen, but it doesn't upset my tummy). I am seriously going to try and quit all my meds, I am going to need to toughen up for pregnancy anyway.
    For period pain I usually take Naprogesic, which seems to be the best for me in this situation.

tiggerlinda,
    My husband gets accupunture for his sports injuries and he says its great. We probably go and see a chinese massage therapist a couple of times a month. So I think that it will help. I guess anything that relaxes you is going to help TTC.

oscaroscar,
    You will be proud of me, I took your advice and went to see Dr this morning (told you I was keen). He is going to slowly take me of Deralin (because of the problems it can have during pregnancy), also I had the rubella and chicken pox etc blood tests done. i should get the results back in 2 days. He also gave me a referal to a Gyno for my pap test etc. So I will get that all sorted out to, so I am praying that the blood tests come back all clear and we can just look forward to TTC.

Thanks for your advice on that, I would never have known to do that. Your the BEST!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12