my husband and I tried for a baby for almost a year. I am in my mid-30s. A few of my friends who also struggled had laparoscopies and in all their cases after the doctors cleaned out the tubes etc they fell pregnant... Initally my fertility doctor did not suggest it, rather he suggest clomid and then onto IVF if Clomid did not work. I did not want to start the drugs and suggested a lap. I just had one beginning of March (day surgery) and we fell pregnant 5 days after. The reason I believe I got pregnant was that my tubes were probably blocked. I believe that for many women as you get older your tubes get clogged and by having them cleaned out may be a trigger to getting pregnant (according to my doctor you are the most fertile the 2-3 months following lap. If you fail to fall pregnant during this time, then I believe that there are other factors affecting fertility and it is one thing you can rule out.... My only wish now was that I had this done months ago rather than waiting and waiting....

Has anyone else found this? and why don't doctors recommend this surgery earlier especially for older women... for many of us, we don't have a year to wait.