Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultrasounds <sob>

Yes, well I have elevated LH with PCOS and also on clomid, and apparently you aren't recommended to take vitex while either of those are happening, so I haven't even considered it. I didn't know there were other herbs i could take... I have just seen a new place that does acupuncture and reiki, and ear candling (always been a fav of mine lol), and also a anturopath, so I am going to have a look in their next chance I get and hopefully see someone who can give me some info. But yeah, some people aren't that sure of what is good or not for certain circumstances... I don't know how to work out the genuine naturopaths who know what they're doing, from the people who have no idea...

Leasha - I can also have elevated LH levels with my PCOS too. Probably why the herbs stuffed me up. I have also had bad experience with Chinese herbs too - made AF disappear too.

I think I am really too complicated with my PCOS and whacky hormones for herbalists to work me out.

I think you're better off on the Clomid because it is more standardised and more likely to produce a result. A good chinese medicine practitioner will regonise Clomid as a herb anyway. Acupuncture was really helpful for me. You can do with it with Clomid as it is not contraindicated and studies have shown it to be beneficial for patients undergoing IVF - it helps support the pregnancy too.

TICKLISH

Sorry to hear of your experience. Unfortunately I can't offer much advice, but I also had the transvaginal u/s. My experience I have to say wasn't too bad, but that's because the staff I had obviously were far nicer than the folk you had

It was uncomfortable, but def. not painful. good luck with the next step.

My doc told me that I wouldn't hear from her if my results were normal, and me being me, I couldn't wait to 'not' hear from her so I called to see if the results of the ultrasound had come back late on Friday afternoon and my doc said she wanted me to come in again and see her about the results, so there's obviously something there that's not good or at least, isn't 'normal.' My sweetheart of a DF spoke to a friend of his who had suffered PCOS before she had her first child and went and did some online research and when i came home on Friday he greeted me with a huge cuddle, cooked me dinner and told me that it was ok, that we'd get through it and we'd have a baby soon. The support helps so much... I still have moments of worry, but my Mom's a healer and is working on me too and I guess I can't really worry efficiently (hahaha) until I know what's actually wrong. So i'll have to wait til Tuesday to find out. My boobs have been so so so sore since Wed, and I haven't really had sore boobs befoe, but my tummy is still getting those stretchy pains (I had them on Wednesday at 7DPO and today at 10DPO) which I don't like very much not because it hurts but because it's a constant reminder that something's up and it brings the fear back. I think i just need to talk to the doctor to find out what the next step is. My doc said "there's no such thing as infertility - there's always something that can be done to increase your fertility chances." So I know I have a good one there to support me medically.

On a herbal note, I actually stopped taking Vitex on what I suspected was my O day because I'd read somewhere it can sometimes increase chances of miscarriage and I figured I'll see what happens if i only take it for the first half of my cycle. I'll talk to my doctor about it on Tuesday. Thanks for the heads up

Oh and Thank you so much ticklish xxxx

jnb1988 Guest

Hi Spuddle,
    I am in the same boat as you. I had an ultrasound only a few days ago and the technician told me that my ovaries look polycystic as well. I have several cysts on both ovaries, they just looked polka dotted! I burst into tears at the thought of not having anymore children. I have to wait for the actual results though and then I guess the doctor and I will go from there. I have been reading up on PCOS and I don't have any of the symptoms that really indicate the syndrome. Fingers crossed that it is just cysts and I can still get pregnant! I want another baby so badly..

I have polycystic ovaries, irregular AF, weight issues (not helped by my love of chocolate LOL!!) but not the syndrome because my hormone and insulin levels are relatively normal. My DH and I were able to conceive without the help of medication but these was our last cycle before Clomid so it is definitely possible. Weight is a really a big thing with PCOS. I am carrying a few extra kilos (approx 8kg then average) and I was told to drop a few to help with conceiving.
    Wishing you the best of luck. Let us know how you get on with the dr. Sending heaps of positive vibes your way.

My AF was fairly irregular comparatively. When I was a teenager up until when I had the depo provera or whatever it's called injection at 21 my AF was always always 30 days on the dot and 6-7 days in length with 2-3 days of heavy (need maternity SN), 2 days of medium (need super SN) and 2 days of light petering out. Now (before I took vitex), my AF could be anywhere from 30-35 days in length with a comparitively light flow (only need the blue SN now for light flow!). This has been happening for about 18 months ever since I came off the pill (was only on the injection for the first 6 months, then went onto the pill when I was still 21). I took vitex last cycle and had EWCM at CD13, 14 and 15 and then AF arrived on CD29! Textbook - assuming EWCM indicated I had ovulated, of course. I took vitex until I had the EWCM this month and the O pain I've been getting for the last year and then stopped it this month. Will wait and see if AF arrives on Wed or not (CD29).
    Thanks for the ray of home Nurse Dan. I'm cutting out junk food and going back to the gym now (I stopped 3 weeks ago because i was horrendously sick andhad to take a whole week off work... unthinkable! And then the following week I was still a bit off, so thought I'd best not push it. Then last week I had all the docs appointments and tests in my lunch hour so I couldn't go!). I'm hoping to shift some weight quickly - at least 10kg I think. I'm not obese, but shedding 10kg will help me a lot I think.

Hi Spuddle,

I am a newly diagnosed PCOS sufferer, currently awaiting surgery. I have had several transvaginal ultrasounds bc of the reoccuring polyps I have had. I think the guy who did it must have been a bit rough with you (ask for someone different, and you can do this even in a public hosp). A transvaginal ultrasound shouldnt hurt at all, it will feel uncomfortable but generally thats it. I usually feel a lil bit of a twinge in my ovaries (particularly the left one), when they are prodding in that area apart from that its more of an uncomfortable experience compared to a painful one.

I am thinking of you and if I do have any answers on questions you have I will sure to post them, its unlikely right now though since I am a newby at this too.

Best of luck and know I am thinking of you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12