Thread: Calorie King

Default Calorie King

I just became a member of Calorie King, Aust.

I had been doing weight watchers on line for 5 months and have not lost a gram

Anyone out there also doing it, and has it helped you.

Leanne,

I am a HUGE fan of Calorie King!

I was on Kate Morgan for 5 months and lost 20kg, but have recently moved to Calorie King on a fairly strict eating plan suggested by my personal trainer to lose the final 20kg!

I LOVE IT!

It did take me a week or two to get into the groove with all its food diarly features, but especially now I have got a lot of my "Favourite Foods" and "Custom" foods sorted, I am flying with it!

I add in all my water and all my exercise too.....really motiving to see those little bars not go red!

Best of luck with it!

Leanne, you know that I've used it... and managed to lose 4kg in 4 weeks with very little exercise.

I found it really helpful because I was having to figure out for myself what I could and couldn't eat to fit within the limits. If I treated myself to something a little naughty (or went out for dinner), I could see just how I needed to behave through the rest of the day/week to keep things within acceptable levels.

But like Lucy, once you get things set up and sorted out, it's actually quite easy. I do recall sitting down and crying after recording my first breakfast once I started - it seemed so complicated and took ages... but I had things under control fairly quickly after that.

Good luck!

BW

Hi Leanne
    I joined about a week ago (Lucy after reading your blog actually you go girl!) and have found it to be a godsend - certainly keeps me honest on portion sizes and treats which are my main problems I think.
    I have learnt to copy meals from previous days (eg I have the same thing for breakfast) which is helpful.
    So far without any exercise I have dropped about 2 kg.
    Will keep you posted.
    Cheerio
    Belinda.

I don't use it but DBF does. He was nearly 170kg as is now a littel over 140kg. So he has lost about 25kg in about 12 weeks I think (along with joining the gym).
    It's been great as an educational tool for him. He can actually see what's in each thing he eats and how much he can eat.
    He raves about it and is constantly trying to recruit others to it.
    It did take him a while to figure out how to edit his page but now does it with his eyes closed.

i used his book , and i found it a godsend good luck with the weight loss

Enchanted Guest

Leanne- I used Weight Watchers Online for 3 months and didn't lose a kg either! I didn't have time for excercise but I thought I would have at least lost a little bit in that time!

I joined KC a while ago but it seemed to difficult so I didn't use it. Seeing what it has does for other people I think I might join

I live by Calorie King, have been on it for exactly a year and lost 16 kilos, helped along by joining a gym.

I've joined, and it says that it's not really suitable for BF'ing women.

Anyone BF'ing and done Calorie King?

Sorry to hijack Leanne!

SG
    xo

I just wanted to say thank you for alerting me to Calorie King. I didn't put on much weight when pregnant because I started being much more sensible about eating/drinking and after DD was born I was immediately 4kg less than when I conceived. So I was feeling pretty chuffed about that and assumed that losing another 4kg would be easy-peasy. Not so, I've been trying to lose that 4kg for 9 months and I just bob up and down.

Now with Calorie King, I've lost 1.2kg in a week. I know that doesn't sound a lot but it's incredibly motivating for me especially as I can't exercise because I've got a dodgy back. It really makes me think about what I'm going to eat as I thought I would just lose weight by reducing portion size alone.

Thanks again. I'm so pleased I could kiss myself.

MMmmmmmmmwwwwwwaaa - There's a big fat kiss from me!!!!

Go you, you're doing very well. Keep it up.

DBF had found that by keeping tabs on what he's eating, keeps him honest too. Sure he has his splurges too, but then he can balance that out with exercise.

Are you taking your measurements too? Some weeks you might not loose weight but you might loose size, and really that's all we all want is to be smaller, not necessarily lighter.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Becci

Thanks for the encouragement! I haven't got a tape measure but think that I'll get one next time I'm out. But, today when I put my skirt on it is quite loose. Which is a bit of a bummer because it's new and I've just bought a few new skirts and tops in readiness to go back to work next month. I'd just got to the stage of saying to myself "no, don't buy something that's too tight and tell yourself you'll lose weight because you've been doing that for ages, just buy something that fits." And then look what happens!

But am very excited that I'll be able to start buying clothes that actually look good again.